This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tap has lost sensitivity since update!

Since the update I have to tap VERY hard in order to n the light on (Vivoactive 4s). Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 hard taps. What’s going on? It was always just a slight tap/touch to turn it on. Not anymore. 

• I have the same issue ! Do you found a fix ? 

• Same here. I have 6.50, and trying to turn on the backlight with a tap is now much more difficult. Most of the time, it WON'T COME ON AT ALL anymore until I press a button. No matter how many times I tap or for how long, it won't work.

I'm trying it right now. I cannot get the backlight to come on with a tap. I have to swipe.

• I'm trying it right now. I cannot get the backlight to come on with a tap. I have to swipe.

That's weird, I can enable a backlight with a tap most of the time now, but it's still the pain to turn off the timer.

• Please Garmin, do not mess with this. It is workable for me and others it seems.Please don't "fix" and break something else.

Can we get the watch stable instead of new problems every month or so?

• I agree. Whilst there is a change for me it is 100% workable more of a touch than a tap works every time for me and reduces the chances of the backlight coming on in bed & using battery. I actually believe it's far better than the tap for that reason.

• I also agree with that. The reduced sensitivity works very well!

• Another one here…both my V4 with 6.50 and my g/f’s V4S have become very unresponsive on the touch screen now. I actually thought it had packed in the other day as I couldn’t get it to do anything at all.

• For me at least I don't have to tap any harder. I just have to hold the tap slightly longer. Personally I love the change. Since the update I haven't accidentally turned on my backlight while trying to get to sleep even once. Sure it took a bit to get used to needing to touch the screen slightly longer to get the backlight to come on, but the trade off is well worth it to me.

• It would appear that the update to 6.80 has reverted to the previous level of touch screen sensitivity ? This means more risk of accidental backlight activation with consequential battery drain.

After initial issues with fast battery drain on 6.50 it has been the best software version for me since I got my device. I do appreciate that others may have experienced issues in areas I likely do not use so a fix may have been required.

• Much better now. Thank you garmin!