This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Tap has lost sensitivity since update!

Since the update I have to tap VERY hard in order to n the light on (Vivoactive 4s). Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 hard taps. What’s going on? It was always just a slight tap/touch to turn it on. Not anymore. 

• Let me add that all the swiping through menus works just fine with the same sensitivity as always. It’s just to activate the backlight that now requires quite a hard tap. 

• I agree.

I have to hold my finger on the watch face to get it on. VA4

But it does seem like the Hydration screen is not a sensitive as before, which is a good thing.

• Same here. It might remove error touches, but it's a bit annoying. If I could set the sensitivity of the screen, then it would be handy. Now I have to touch long time, earlier it just needed quick touch. And yes, I know that it's not a big thing, but when used to do differently, it's weird "feature".

• Same here, hope this is a feature to avoid accidental touches.

The difference is very small between the working-not working touches. A quick touch doesn't register, but a regular one does. It doesn't feel like you have to hold the finger on the screen. In my opinion this works too good to be a bug.

Garmin staff, please tell us this is a feature and not a bug.

I am on latest beta, 6.42.

• Garmin staff, please tell us this is a feature and not a bug.

I am on latest beta, 6.42.

I believe that it wasn't introduced by the beta but by update to touchscreen or something, and yes, I've similar issues with my turning on backlight as I'm not using gestures and always used one tap to light on the screen, now it almost never lights up from the first tap. It's good to know that it's not just me but other experience this issue as well.

can you tell was it intentional to make the touchscreen to be less sensitive to taps? And maybe we can have a control over sensitivity in settings or have higher sensivity for turning on backlight?

• I Personally like the 1 tap, even if it is a bit longer than a quick tap.

I never liked the double-tap even on my old VS4.

• I Personally like the 1 tap, even if it is a bit longer than a quick tap.

Eventually I will get used to it too, I'm already feeling more comfortable with it than in the first days after the update was introduced but it would be nice to have some control over this behavior, I guess.

• All-

1. Have you updated to software version 6.50?
    2. When exactly did you first notice this issue?
    3. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    4. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    5. In what country do you live?
  • Hi,

1. 1. --edit--

Right after writing this live went from 20% -> 50% and I got 6.50 fw. Installed 6.50 but problem still exists. Quick tap is not enough, needs longer touch still.

2. right after installing 6.40 fw

3. yes

4. yes

5. In Finland

1. Have you updated to software version 6.50?
      Ver. 6.40 has been pushed to my watch; that's what's installed.
    2. When exactly did you first notice this issue?

Immediately after an update which, after my watch started, notified me that the touchscreen software had been updated. This was approximately 7 or 8 November.

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?

Yes.

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?

Yes.

1. In what country do you live?

UK