This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can we have "Resume Later" functionality on our watch?

Hi can you please add "Resume Later" functionality to our watch? I'm really missing that feature during some activities and it's hard to understand why less expensive Forerunner models have that functionality and Venu or Vivoactive 4 don't.

I've also seen that Venu 2 got extended pause in the new beta which is far from ideal and not equals to "Resume Later", can you implement this as a temporary solution for our watch too? It's far from ideal but better than nothing.

And yes I've already submitted the request to https://www.garmin.com/en-US/forms/ideas/ but it's always nice to hear from a live person whenever it can be done or not so I decided to post it  in here in case that other people can join the request.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I am guessing that is regarded as a multisport feature, like the ability to make an activity that contains several sports. 

• Yes it does, but if there were multisport watch like Forenner or Fenix with touchscreen I'd probably go that route from the start, but there are none at the current moment.

In any case Venu 2 isn't much different and Garmin went ahead and at least increased pause time to 30 minutes, so I see no issues about implementing this in here. Ideally this pause should be adjustable in Garmin Connect or on the watch.

Features like this will improve overall user experience doesn't raise production cost of watches and  keep people inside Garmin ecosystem happy and buying  other devices instead of looking for alternatives from competitors.

• Hey Thank you for reaching out. I, of course, can not guarantee if any changes will be implemented, however, I did take a look and we do have a ticket open regarding this feature. Hope this helps! 

• Hey Thank you for reaching out. I, of course, can not guarantee if any changes will be implemented, however, I did take a look and we do have a ticket open regarding this feature. Hope this helps! 

That's great to hear there is a ticket and gives some hope that this can possibly be implemented. Thanks for taking the time to reply, it's always appreciated! Slight smile

• Of course, always here to help! 

• Yes, please! It always happens to me when I pause bike activity while having the launch and by mistake I save activity even I want to continue :(

• yes, come on, it has to be quite easy... Some very simple way like check during activity start if the same kind of activity was stopped e.g. during last 3 hours and if so, offer possibility to continue with that activity..or start a new one

• yes, come on, it has to be quite easy... Some very simple way like check during activity start if the same kind of activity was stopped e.g. during last 3 hours and if so, offer possibility to continue with that activity..or start a new one

Yes, that sounds good to me! Alternatively, user can select which activity to resume from last activities. Any implementation of this feature would make user experience way more pleasant and make Garmin watches to stand out from other offers.

• Hi. Not sure if this is at all useful... I have found that when you manually pause an activity it will pause for 15 mins before autosaving. However, if you interact with the device (swipe screen left to right) during pause. The 15 mins restarts. Not a fix but it can extend pause.

Not sure if the pause is indefinite as long as you swipe or something but I've certainly paused for 30 mins this way without losing any data.

• I have found that when you manually pause an activity it will pause for 15 mins before autosaving. However, if you interact with the device (swipe screen left to right) during pause. The 15 mins restarts. Not a fix but it can extend pause.

thanks! I'm aware of that feature, but that's not something we ask for, during that pause you can't use watch normally and you have to be mindfull about that autosave not to happen. And sure you can extend that autopause and I did that myself but on other Garmin watches there is a "Resume later" option which let you just stop the activity use your watch as usual during your break and then return to that activity that's what we're are asking for.