This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Series - Public Beta 4.60 Now Available

Venu 2 Download

Venu 2s Download

Notes:

• Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
  • Please provide feedback to [email protected]

Change History

Changes made from version 3.48 to 4.60:

• Fixed the pulse ox setting getting switched to 'All Day'
  • Fixed watch face data field clipping
  • Added more user control over display brightness
  • Added support for stress from a HRM strap
  • Added ability to send predefined messages in an Assistance event
  • Updated golf controls and summary pages
  • Fixed an issue with golf club prompt setting causing a reset
  • Increased activity auto save to 30 minutes
  • Added the ability for the display to stay on while stopwatch is running
  • Added Strength workout and personal record improvements
  • Added HIIT workout improvements
  • Translation improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Venu 2 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Venu2_460Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file into the \GARMIN directory of the device. Place the GUP3707.GCD and D853500.zip files inot the \GARMIN\RemoteSW directory on the device.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE_348.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE_348.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • First bug report, albeit a minor one.

After installing the beta firmware, the watch rebooted and, before the boot finished, I got a notification that my fitness age had decreased. 

This happened between when the triangle logo displayed and the boot animation displayed.

FWIW: If you want a bug report sent via email, please indicate the appropriate address.

• Not sure if this is a new bug or something that existed before ...

In the display settings, it's not obvious if auto display brightness is active or not.

Also, if you toggle it, you should be able to just tap to dismiss the message, not have to swipe right.

• What is "data field clipping"?

• n the display settings, it's not obvious if auto display brightness is active or not.

I am unclear what auto display brightness does? I assume this is "more user control over display brightness" but how does it work?

• Finally some bigger update with some more improvement and hopefully fixes as promised here. 

Love auto save now is at least 30min, also even higher would be nice. But 30min is quite an increase and helps. Thank you. 

As I have many bugs with 3.48 update I will load this beta and do a hardreset. Then will see how it works. Still have my Fenix 6s as main device though. 

• I assume it adjusts the brightness based on ambient light.

• First impressions before resetting...

Display brightness has a totally new setting. You can now turn on and off auto brightness with the left button in the setting. And there are now 10% steps in brightness settings, so around 10 settings of brightness to choose from instead of just 3. Really cool. Thank you, much needed for people who wanna save battery life and still use always on display. 

Edit: When Auto-brightness is on, there are only 3 steps of brightness. When auto-brightness is off there are 10. Nice. 

Menu scrolling is a bit better now. Not much stuttering anymore, still not fluent but much better than before. 

Animation when moving wrist to show time is better now. Faster. Not perfect though, still animation/fade in of time feels faster than before.

Sensor was updated according to message after the watch restarted. 

• Sensor was updated according to message after the watch restarted. 

Yes! Do we know which sensor and what the update did? Maybe that is for multiple of the changes?

• I assume it adjusts the brightness based on ambient light.

Yes, rather than just ask what this is I downloaded it to try :).  described the details above.

• Hi, potential bug with VO2Max. I'm on the latest beta and the watch calculated a new VO2Max which is higher than the previous calculations. The new calculation is visible in the user's profile on the watch. After multiple synchronization with the phone and the Garmin Connect application, the new calculation is unfortunately not visible in the application.