This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Series - Public Beta 4.60 Now Available

Venu 2 Download

Venu 2s Download

Notes:

• Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
  • Please provide feedback to [email protected]

Change History

Changes made from version 3.48 to 4.60:

• Fixed the pulse ox setting getting switched to 'All Day'
  • Fixed watch face data field clipping
  • Added more user control over display brightness
  • Added support for stress from a HRM strap
  • Added ability to send predefined messages in an Assistance event
  • Updated golf controls and summary pages
  • Fixed an issue with golf club prompt setting causing a reset
  • Increased activity auto save to 30 minutes
  • Added the ability for the display to stay on while stopwatch is running
  • Added Strength workout and personal record improvements
  • Added HIIT workout improvements
  • Translation improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Venu 2 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Venu2_460Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file into the \GARMIN directory of the device. Place the GUP3707.GCD and D853500.zip files inot the \GARMIN\RemoteSW directory on the device.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE_348.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE_348.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Swipe up / down has gone back to where you immediately see the date and the edit button. (As opposed to having to swipe a 2nd time). Several folks had complained about this but I don't remember which thread it was in. Slight smile

• Are fixed reboots during workouts?? Someone with this problem updated to this beta?

• Another problem is connecting to the wifi network. Error 030 pops up: / deleted the network and added again, no effect. In the router logs, I know that the watch is temporarily connected to the network.

• I tested it a bit today after updating to 4.60, hardreset and new setup, including and new sensor update, maybe for pulseox. And so far, so good. 

Did a health snapshot and PulseOX was 97%, just like on my medical device. Using it before on snapshot for 2min it was always around 90-95% and never on par with my medical pulse meter. 

Scrolling is definitely more fluent. Not perfect but faster. 

Sleep was a mess. It said I woke ups at around 6am when I was just a bit awake, toilet walk and falling asleep again several minutes later. But I experienced it took sleep quite a few days to actually be reliable before too. 

GPS fix is quick again. First fix after reset took around 10-20 seconds. Before it was even faster but then suddenly took 5min and sometimes not finding a fix. Common problem. Not today though. Only GPS walk is not as accurate as before though. I don't know if it is because it is just GPS, no Glonass/Galileo. Have to test that. But I had some lines through garden and houses which I haven't had before. It was way more accurate but I did use GPS combo setting before, now only GPS. 

So far, so good. Will test it more. Still my Fenix 6s Pro will stay my primary watch. 

• I'm seeing the same thing.

Wifi connection tests fine after adding, but subsequent connection attempts fail.

I saw that before and was able to resolve it by removing & re-adding the network.

• No problems here with Wifi, maybe because I did a hardreset? 

• I made a series training and no reboots!! TadaTada

• Auto-save increased to 30 minutes is great even if the option "Save and resume later" would be so useful.

Thanks for continuous improvement.

• Ok, I did a factory reset on version 4.60. Unfortunately it didn't help with wifi connection, still doesn't work. I decided to go back to the previous stable version and wifi works fine on this version. The conclusion is that version 4.60 is problematic. I think Garmin should look more into that.

• Please turn off Auto Save. And insert Continue later.