This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vivoactive 4 Battery Drain

Since the recent software update to 5.6 my battery lasts for less than 4 days. it was initially atleast 6 days. I do not have any app/fancy watch face. I mostly use Garmin for steps tracking and heart rate. I dont know what in recent update is causing this battery drain. it seems to be getting worse. is anyone else facing this issue?

• I knew that. I had to eliminate the device from the app and start from scracht. Of course I lost all the settings and I had to set up the watch from zero. 

Regarding the battery issue, it still drains fast. Approx 3% per hour without using bluetooth, PulseOX, vibration at minimum, brightness at 10%, etc. Overnight It lost 15% (I locked the watch to make sure that I am not switching on anything accidentally). Any solution?

• I just purchased my Garmin Vivoactive 4S and the battery drains so quickly. I have my brightness very low, I think it’s at 10%, I have Pulse Ox and heart rate. These shouldn’t drain my battery. I have a watch that I purchased for a fraction of the price and used alarms, heart rate, pulse Ox and I only had to charge it every 2 weeks. I brought this for the music and went on a 20 minute run. That shouldn’t have caused my battery to drain that quickly. I’m concerned that my new watch is defective. Has anyone had this concern?

• How quick is quick? Pulse Ox uses a fair bit of battery... Using a Vivoactive 4 I get about 3-4 days on a charge, using Pulse Ox only while sleeping...

• I just started having battery drain issues today.  Woke up, noticed that my VA4 went from 59% before bedtime to 25% 6 hours later.  Then in the course of one hour, 3% drain.  I also noticed that it did not track my sleep, which was odd.  I have PulseOx OFF, but HR on, 1 second intervals.

This morning, I plugged it into the computer, and it had an update waiting- sensor update.  I did the update, did a "top button" reset, and charged it up to full.  3 hours later, dropped to 87%.  That's over 4%/hour!

Should I try a full reset?

• I reset my watch a couple of days ago but still the battery drains fast. 3% per hour (with out bluetooth, no PulseOX, no fancy watch face, brightness at minimum, vibration at minimum). I used to make 2 hours running (with GPS), plus cardio 1 hour per week, and the battery used to extend that long (5/6 days). Now only last 1.5 days without excercising. I've been using the watch for only 6 months, the battery is new!

• Mine is 6m old as well, updated to 5.60 over a month ago, usually get 5-6 days of use before charging. IQ watch face- simple (Flieger UTC), 10% backlight, bluetooth on

Usually 2-3 GPS activities per week. Again, only difference was sensor update today.  Di I need to start a warantee ticket?

• Did you check if the watch is constantly searching for sensors or headset or something you aren't using?

• Yes, made sure all registered sensors are off.  I only turn them on when I know I will be using a certain bike.

• I just noticed my optical heart rate is no longer working! Time to call for support...

• Hi there! Pulse OX does affect the battery unfortunately. Our battery specs for this watch are:

Smartwatch mode: Up to 7 days
    GPS mode with music: Up to 5 hours
    GPS mode without music: Up to 15 hours