This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Vivoactive 4s not recording golf as an activity.

My Garmin vivoactive 4s is inconsistently tracking golf. More often than not the activity just does not upload to my calendar - maybe one in three rounds will load - but the rest, none. My scorecard appears and I can see the activity on my Garmin Connect screen - but on my calendar, nothing. In fact it just shows it as walking.

I am pretty active on Strava so it is incredibly frustrating when I can't log the activity and get accurate data on either platforms.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fix this? All my stat recording is turned on, etc.

• This happened to me in early November and I, too, was annoyed that it wasn't logging in Strava. I opened a ticket and they had me submit docs and debug information. I kept requesting updates, but never got a resolution response from Garmin. A couple of weeks later, another golf round  recorded as an activity and it work through the end of November for a few more rounds. I have not golfed since then (WI winter...).

• It happens to me regularly that no activity is recorded in golf. Usually it goes well and then suddenly it is fit again. Unfortunately, resetting the watch does not solve the problem.

• this had been happening to me occasionally, but it seems if i turn off the watch, close the garmin app, then restart the watch, then restart the app before each round of golf i play, it tracks each round as an activity.

• Good to note. I golfed mostly with a V3 last year (before upgrading to V4 on Prime Day). I noticed that turning my watch off/on before a round would result in much better stroke detection. Maybe restarting my phone (and apps with it) will result in no failures to record the activity?

It should also be noted that I reset my watch when it failed to record the activity and it did not help. The activity was not stored on the watch at all. However, the scorecard was updated correctly.

• i have played 10 rounds this year and made sure to turn off watch, close app, restart watch, then open app and it recorded every rounds as an activity with no problems.  i played today and was in a hurry to the course so forgot to turn off watch and restart app and sure enough it didn't record the round as an activity,  have you had the same results?

• Hello! I am sorry to hear this feature is not working as it should. We would not expect you to have to continuously power the watch off and close the app to get this feature to work correctly. I would like to add each of you to a case and reach out and gather more information from you so we can get this resolved and you guys can Golf without worry of it being tracked properly. May I reach out to you each individually?

• I am happy to be added to the case. However, it's negative degrees outside and I won't be golfing again for a couple of months. Slight smile

Remembered that I had an open case that was never resolved, but my watch started working better. 

<< Reference ID:18033952K1 >> Vivoactive 4 - Golf Activity <Q#:1000000>

• That's alright! We can get this sent over still in hopes to get it resolved and be sure its working correctly for when its time to start Golfing again. 

• Yes please add me to the case! We are playing regularly so it would be great to not restart constantly.