This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4 Series (all versions) SW 4.70 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Change log:

• Fixed an issue with debug logging
  • So...any plans to fix stuff that people have been complaining about for literally years? Like better sleep tracking and PulseOx?

• What's wrong with PulseOx?

• I suspect we're under the average. I don't know of a review with a good opinion about the sleep tracker across Fenix/Forerunner/VA*

Garmin want change it. It begann with my try from a FR235 -> VA3. Sleep stats are horrible and on the 235 they are fine (~2018).

For me it is important and i like that. But they never changed it and i guess the wont do this in future.
    Additional it looks like SOP2 is changed to only "OnDemand". Pointless and an other decission past the customer

• It's only bee made available to 20% of the users at this time.  It may take another day or to to rolls out to everyone.

• Ok, so since 4.60 Ive discovered that body battery no longer works. Even after a restful sleep of 7-8 hrs, body battery stays @5% no charge or drain throughout the day, regardless of naps or workouts. While on 4.60, I  had to factory reset the watch before it worked and when I did, Body battery jumped to 80% 2 days after that reset, body battery got stuck on 5% again so I left it. 

Yesterday, I upgraded to 4.70 hoping that would've fixed the problem. But as of this morn, I'm back on 5% and no rest logged, even though my sleep was logged accurately. So this clearly a serious problem. Body battery used to be one of the most accurate stats on the watch. When i logged a 100%; it meant I felt Invincible., when i logged 10% or less, it meant I was about to pass out . Now, I just did a factory reset while on 4.70 and its miraculously jumped to 60%.

I'm seriously loosing faith in the Garmin brand. I charged to a 100% yesterday during the 4.70 upgrade and by this morn I've lost 30% battery. at this rate, I'll get 3 days max with all the low battery drain settings. I currently have only the MARQ captain-like watch face (with the second hand disabled), single run data field and battery widget, everything else is default.

• I still get CIQ error screen when scrolling to the hydration widget. It seems unstable, sometimes it works displaying "synching", and other times it doesnt work displaying error screen.

vivoactive4 directory: /GARMIN/APPS/LOGS/CIQ_LOG.YML

---
    Error: Symbol Not Found Error
    Details: "Could not find symbol '00000086'"
    Time: 2020-05-23T06:59:57Z
    Part-Number: 006-B3225-00
    Firmware-Version: '4.70'
    Language-Code: nob
    ConnectIQ-Version: 3.1.7
    Store-Id: 6cb03839-6c01-42ac-8acf-6c54801cc9ae
    Store-Version: 21
    Filename: Hydration
    Appname: Hydrering
    Stack:
    - pc: 0x10000765
    ---
    Error: Symbol Not Found Error
    Details: "Could not find symbol '00000086'"
    Time: 2020-05-23T06:59:57Z
    Part-Number: 006-B3225-00
    Firmware-Version: '4.70'
    Language-Code: nob
    ConnectIQ-Version: 3.1.7
    Store-Id: 6cb03839-6c01-42ac-8acf-6c54801cc9ae
    Store-Version: 21
    Filename: Hydration
    Appname: Hydrering
    Stack:
    - pc: 0x10000765
  • I have the same problem

• The measurements I get for PulseOx are all over the place. I've messed with it a bit including having it on "all day", so not just during sleep hours. Being awake, sitting at my desk I'll get measurements below 90%...then measure it again and it'll be like 99% a few minutes later. Either it can't get a reading, or measurements are all over the place. Hard to figure out what a baseline is for myself.

• Yeah...sleep tracking is pretty bad. It can't even get basic things right like when I go to bed. A lot of times it'll tell me I went to bed hours earlier than I actually did. Or I'll wake up in middle of the night, walk to the bathroom, and then go back to sleep - the sleep log will say I was asleep the entire time. I've struggled with sleep issues my entire life so I've tried a few different sleep trackers. Fitbit is far and away the best in terms of sleep tracking. If Fitbit supported connecting to a chest strap heart rate monitor, I would have stayed with Fitbit. Part of the reason why I got the VA4 was because of PulseOx during sleep...but like my earlier post indicates...it's so unreliable that it's not very useful.