This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4/4s SW 4.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log v.4.00:

• Fixed a possible battery drain with Bluetooth
  • Enabled heart rate during swim activities
  • Added speed fields to standup paddle boarding activity
  • Improved calendar user interface
  • Improved weather forecast timezone handling
  • Added vertical speed fields to run and bike activities
  • Fixed an issue with GPS turning on for all Connect IQ apps
  • Fixed a possible crash with WiFi
  • Fixed an issue with treadmill calibration not working
  • Fixed an issue with incoming call notifications not dismissing
  • Improved the number picker user experience
  • Increased the amount of data shown in Body Battery and Stress widgets
  • Added support for abnormal low heart rate alerts
  • Added heart rate graph to activity summary
  • The new calendar user interface doesn't seem to be working well for me: The main screen has two icons (a clock with a clockwise arrow around it and an ellipsis) that don't mean anything to me and don't do anything if I tap them, and I'm not seeing names for my events (just times), either on the main screen or if I tap on the time to see more details about the event.

I'm seeing similar behaviors ... also, the tripple dots at the bottom don't seem to do anything.  When I tap them, I expect to be shown a scrollable list of events in the calendar (even if there aren't a lot) but there is no reaction.

FWIW: I think the arrow around the clock is supposed to indicate a recurring event.

• Thank You for this statement, thought I was losing my mind. What was weird is that a short update a day or two ago fixed the weather widget and then with the 4.00 update, back to the waiting for data screen...

• Same behaviour for me - the three dots at the bottom don't do anything, so I'm not able to scroll the events. 

I think the clock with the arrow indicates all day events. 

• I lost connection with my jabra elite 65t headphones yesterday after 10 minuites (approximately), couldn't get them to reconnect and continue playing music during the run.   Didn't stop to restart or something like that.    It's the first time this happens for me, and it seems that it's the 4.0 update that has caused this behaviour.

Like the update i other regards though,  V02max, pulse report and such. :)

• Ok now I am getting beyond frustrated and nearing angry. I have only had this for 30 days and while the first three weeks were frustrating, getting no longer than 3 days on minimal use of battery time, since this update, I am now getting less than 24 HOURS! 4.379% currently and all I have done is sleep since doing a factory reset and a full recharge.

I really like this watch and asked for it for Christmas after doing a few MONTHS of researching which new watch I would want. But if I cannot get the advertised battery time, then there is no reason for me to choose this watch over several others with comparable abilities but longer battery life!

• I have the VA4 and have been getting 10 days life over the past few weeks after getting more like 4 days of life for the first week or so.  Big change I made was switching to a basiic Garmin watch face with limited data displayed.  The third party watch face was killing battery life for some reason.

• My body battery hasn't been working since the 4.0 update...only charges 5-10 points per night after 7 hours sleep...used to charge 70-80 points.

• On todays run, the BT connection with my 65T:s worked as earlier.  Must have been some glitch with unfortunate timing.

• Battery issue after update!
    This morning I charged te watch to 100% battery (bluetooth, gps, music, pulse ox is off, screen 10% brightness) and in less then 2 hours it's at 50%... whats wrong??????? is there a solution or reset needed?  system is updated to 4.00 before the update I had no issue. The watch is 2 weeks old.

• Briefly after the update I had a different style lock screen. White text on a black background with just an orange arc around the top button. Not sure how, but I'd like it back. It looks better and is surely more battery friendly. Also I seem to be having a bluetooth audio issue where it doesn't drop out until I leave the house and phone behind. FiiO μBTR so no antenna size issues.

This was present on the previous firmware. I thought it was a CIQ app or watchface, but I now have none and it's been factory reset updated over usb. I've removed the WiFi connection for the time being and am still testing.

EDIT: This seems to be a straight up Bluetooth issue. The dropouts went away when removed and re-paired.