This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4/4s SW 4.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log v.4.00:

• Fixed a possible battery drain with Bluetooth
  • Enabled heart rate during swim activities
  • Added speed fields to standup paddle boarding activity
  • Improved calendar user interface
  • Improved weather forecast timezone handling
  • Added vertical speed fields to run and bike activities
  • Fixed an issue with GPS turning on for all Connect IQ apps
  • Fixed a possible crash with WiFi
  • Fixed an issue with treadmill calibration not working
  • Fixed an issue with incoming call notifications not dismissing
  • Improved the number picker user experience
  • Increased the amount of data shown in Body Battery and Stress widgets
  • Added support for abnormal low heart rate alerts
  • Added heart rate graph to activity summary
  • Update came yesterday. Seems better than earlier but one issue. Spotify wont synchronize after I made factory defaults. From the device made steps correctly and then moving to phone where Garmin Connect is trying to get verification with no success. Wifi is working. Everything else is synchronized but even I made restore to defaults once again it still keeps waiting connection/verification from Spotify side. Any hints? And same problem with Deezer.

Error code in Deezer 2050. Nothing visible in Spotify. It just stucks.

Also noticed battery drain. From 100 to 80 during 8 hours. Wifi or bluetooth also draining battery quite fast.

Also one interesting case is that device now wants to reconnect phone every time it is connected. Multiple pairings made within hours. Before this update and still bluetooth is making connects simultaneously during activities.

+ more problems. Garmin Pay is not responding. Seems that there are some sync problems in Garmins side? New card cannot be added.

• There is still a battery drain Problem. After I installed 4.0, I made the battery full. Then I went out for a 15min run. After that I transfered the data via wlan. After 4 hours the battery was down from 100% to 60%. Bluetooth was off the whole time. 

• I always find that a factory reset helps after a software update - I am not sure if there is anything to it but nothings seems quite right untile I reset

• I am a big fan of the new notification style in 4.00!  Very nice evolution.  I also like the new move notification.  Much nicer than just displaying "Move!".  :-)

• VIVOACTIVE 4s here.  Whenever I reboot the watch, I lose weather data.  I have to go outside and do a 30 sec walk using the GPS.  That fixes it, until, of course, I reboot.  Sigh.

• Feedback for future update- would love to be able to set separate sleep/wake times per day. Or at the very least weekday & weekend times.

• Does the vertical speed field not be included into a run activity after saving? Just did a short run and the field is on the watch, but not saved into the activity in Garmin Connect. 

• Hi, on my Vivoactive 4 after update to 4.0 drains my battery realy quick. At night, before i goes sleep my watch have 100% batery life. When I waked up there was 74% Face palm♂️Confounded. Before update, at night battery goes down only just about 5-6%. How to fix this!!!

• Have you read the forum? You did a deep reset (no factory reset).