This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

vivoactive 4/4s SW 4.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log v.4.00:

• Fixed a possible battery drain with Bluetooth
  • Enabled heart rate during swim activities
  • Added speed fields to standup paddle boarding activity
  • Improved calendar user interface
  • Improved weather forecast timezone handling
  • Added vertical speed fields to run and bike activities
  • Fixed an issue with GPS turning on for all Connect IQ apps
  • Fixed a possible crash with WiFi
  • Fixed an issue with treadmill calibration not working
  • Fixed an issue with incoming call notifications not dismissing
  • Improved the number picker user experience
  • Increased the amount of data shown in Body Battery and Stress widgets
  • Added support for abnormal low heart rate alerts
  • Added heart rate graph to activity summary
  • Don't you have any major worries? ;-)

• I wouldn't call it a worry but a notice - seems that statistics for around last 2h are missing.

• I have the 4, not 4s, but I have updated to 4.0 without any hit to battery performance so far (knock on wood).  That kind of battery drain sounds like something (like wireless) is stuck in on mode.  The only things that I can think of that can kill the battery that fast are wireless and music and maybe GPS if GLONASS or Galileo was also enabled.  Maybe try disabling wireless on the watch by deleting wireless connection settings?  Maybe start a GPS activity, wait for a connection and then stop the activity to reset the GPS?  Maybe set your music source to Phone if it is set on something else like Spotify? Just trying to trouble shoot here.  Might also try switching watchfaces to a plain Garmin watchface if you are using a third party watchface.  Sometimes there are real battery drains in the watchface.  I would also maybe check all of the settings to make sure things like 24hr O2 monitoring weren't turned on in the update.  Maybe turn of bluetooth?

I am running at 0.326%/hr (again knocking), so good battery life is possible in 4.0.

I personally wish I could undo the GPS software upgrade, but I don't think it is possible to go back on firmware updates.

• May I ask what IS wrong with the GPS update though? Just curious to know.

• GPS accuracy seems to have declined with the last update.

• Calendar widget isn't working for me either - can't expand the widget to anything more than what is shown on the front screen of the widget. Not sure what the new icons at the top are meant to signify either?

• Managed to get it work somehow. Made three factory resets and finally it's working. But yes, it has a lot of problems. I wonder is there some problem from Garmin side. Synchronization to the servers or? Seems to affect also to Spotify and Deezer sync.

• Keep on loosing my bluetooth connection since 3.80 it seems a tiny bit more stable with 4.00 but stil I have to restart the device a couple of times a day to get it connected. Factory reset on 3.80 didn ‘t help and I hate them because every time your pesonal preferences for heartrate and build up automatic steps are reset.

• Just got a new Vivoactive 4 and the indoor running distance is way off but it seems to count steps correctly. Changing the stride length dosent seem to make any difference. Come on Garmin how difficult is it to multiply mu custom stride length by the number of steps to calculate my distance. Since i will be doing a bit of indoor walking during the winter I am  considering returning the watch and look for another brand since this seems to be a common problem with many of their models.

• Sorted my battery drain and HR persistence after activity.