This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

3.60 firmware feedback

Finally we got new firmware yesterday with long awaited fixes, yay! Wasn't been able to test out everything, but I had one problem right after the update: the watch couldn't connect to the app (android, oneplus). Removed it from the app, paired again and everything seemed to work. Today I noticed that garmin pay had been reset or something but I couldn't start the configuration, I got some error. Eventually I had to clear the app data and it finally worked. 

• My Garmin pay was kept from 3.50 to 3.60. At first it didn’t pair to my Huawei p10, but after turning bluetooth off and on, on both phone and watch, then it synced, and in general watch seems a lot more reponsive than in 3.50 (only had 3.60 for 30 minutes, so this is just initial impressions).

• My was not turning HR sensor off when is off the hand but after factory reset now is working as it should (turning HR off). I had the same issue with the last update, sigh.

• Noticed the same yesterday when I took off the watch, the sensor constantly blinked. Rebooted and it's fine now.

• it's hard to tell as I didn't paid much attention to it before the update and my running training was quite short. 

• Just getting the continuous HR blinking when I take it off. Rebooted as others suggested here, and it fixed it for about a day, but now it's back to continuous blinking when off again. 

• Same here. Happened again yesterday when I took the watch off, rebooted and it stopped again. But when I woke up the watch was dead, it got drained to 0%. Not sure what happened, if the hr sensor fired up again or else. Maybe I'll factory reset it today.

• Unfortunately the headphones volume bug is still present - you can't increase the volume with buttons on the headset, only vol down works. From the watch itself it works.

• This garmin forum starts to look like fitbit's forum.

• I agree. Garmin is going downhill the last 2 years. I've had a Garmin on my wrist since 2013, but I am almost done with them.

• I bought a vivoactive 4, 3 weeks ago and it was draining very fast, full drain within 3 days with no pulseox, no wifi, no music, no gps, only heart rate and 3 workouts per week, oh and i was running the latest os, 3.4 then 3.5 and finally 3.6. So i exchanged it and i have similar problems with the new one, but i noticed when my battery drain happens and how i can control it. I found that normally without anything the battery is draining about 1% per 90-100mins. But if i am working out then it drains about 1% per 30 mins. This run off doesnt stop even when i have stopped working out for hours, unless i restart my watch. After restarting it goes back to 1% per 90-100 mins. This seems like a software issue which Garmin should be able to resolve with software updates. 

I hope they can fix that soon. But i will stick to this one for sometime and see how the battery improves or gets used to my schedule over time.