This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2Max no longer updating?

I've been using my vivoactive 4 for three weeks now and all was fine (except downloading Spotify music of course, but that is a known issue apparently), but Monday 14 Oct is the last time my VO2Max got updated.

- Oct 14, did a run, no issues, VO2Max updated
- Oct 15, ran again, VO2max did not update, but there was server maintenance, so I thought that was the cause
- Oct 16, another run, but still no new VO2Max estimate

In the Android app I can see the overview of my VO2Max stats over the last year (updated until 14 Oct), on the website (connect.garmin.com) the only mention of VO2Max is under reports and no longer as a separate menu item:

I got an app update and FW update a few days ago, so maybe the issue started from then, but I'm not sure.

Is this a known issue? Are more people experiencing this?

• Are you on the latest software version: 3.50?

Both my watch and Garmin connect were last updated October 14th.

• Yes, watch software version 3.50 and also the latest Android app version.

• Did a 8km run yesterday with garmin training plan - no change :/

• Exact same problem with my Venu. The last date my vo2Max updated was 10/12. I have gone on 4 30+ min runs since then, with no pauses. I'm pretty sure it coincided with the most recent update.

• Yeah, that's conclusive then. Also, I've tried a VO2 update walk directly from the watch, and it remains as last updated from the 13th Oct. 

Must be the update, and I hope it's sorted asap.  

• Okay guys, just had another session with Garmin online chat support. I spoke to Craig. Utter rubbish. Completed yet another run (no pausing either) and apparently, because my 'activity class' is set to '0' this could be a potential reason why it's not updating. 

I've indicated this is not correct, as a) it was working fine up until the 13th October and b) if the activity class was of that much importance, why does the app setup not demand you enter in a value before you complete the initial sync?

So, I have been fobbed off again and tonight it was for the last time. I'm going to return my VA4s and get my money back and go to the pub - no dramas for me, I'll go back to my working Fitbit and stick with them; at least my brand loyalty has been renewed. 

Just wanted to update you guys. 

• I didn't even know Activity Class was a thing prior to your post. I don't ever remember seeing that as an option. Mine was not set either. I've set mine and i'll let everyone know if anything changes when I go running Thursday morning. 

• Exactly my point buddy - neither did I, and I suspect that neither did a lot of people know about it. I think Garmin are trying to eradicate any potential technical reason why VO2 isn't updating, but the interesting thing here is - if you google this problem, it is quite historic! 

But, please do let us know how you get on. I did amend my activity class last night, but have since boxed my device up ready to go back to the shop.

• My activity class was set to 5 already and my VO2Max hasn't updated in over 's week. So I suspect this "solution" won't fix our issue... 

• Where is this setting? Can't find it.

I know that new devices are bugged these days, it happens with smartphones and other electronic devices, it's not ok but that is how it is now. But the problem is the Garmin support or actually the lack of it. This would be so much better if we got a short statement from or other support stuff here: "Please be patient, we are aware of the issue. It will be fixed in the coming update". Or something like that...

Without such communication we are loosing our precious times trying to find the culprit of it. The very dissapointing thing here is that we are trying to sort it out, that's why we speak here, on OFFICIAL Garmin forum, and there are none to talk with from the company support. 

Just imagine something like that: we all bought the same new car, which turned out has something broken. We don't want to turn the car back because we like it very much so we meet together in an authorized service center, where there is NO ONE and we are trying to fix it....