This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

VO2Max no longer updating?

I've been using my vivoactive 4 for three weeks now and all was fine (except downloading Spotify music of course, but that is a known issue apparently), but Monday 14 Oct is the last time my VO2Max got updated.

- Oct 14, did a run, no issues, VO2Max updated
- Oct 15, ran again, VO2max did not update, but there was server maintenance, so I thought that was the cause
- Oct 16, another run, but still no new VO2Max estimate

In the Android app I can see the overview of my VO2Max stats over the last year (updated until 14 Oct), on the website (connect.garmin.com) the only mention of VO2Max is under reports and no longer as a separate menu item:

I got an app update and FW update a few days ago, so maybe the issue started from then, but I'm not sure.

Is this a known issue? Are more people experiencing this?

•  I got a vo2 max update for every run I did since i got my Venu up until the 3.5 update. I have done 4 30+min runs since then with no updates. I made absolutely no changes to anything. 

Here is a screenshot of my vo2max page. It gave an update for all 5 runs I did, even one where my vo2max didnt change at all. since the 12th, I get nothing. 

Edit: also, this is the case on the watch itself as well. If I hold B, go to settings, then user profile, the last Vo2Max reading shows from 10/12. Everything else seems to work perfectly fine just like before, it's just vo2max that no longer works. 

• This issue will be resolved with the next update to the vivoactive 4 series. We do not have an exact timeline for this release, but this should be available very soon. 

• ... and the champagne corks popped out :) Thank you! 

Btw, is there a way to make some kind of feature request here or somewhere else? I have few ideas which could improve user experience.

• Thank you for acknowledging the issue and working on a fix! Looking forward to the next update, thanks! 

• Is there any word on when we can expect a fix?

• Hi! 
    i only want to know what happend with this solution ? It is an important tool and I want to used :( 

i have the same problem since October 11 

and I think that is time to give us a solution 

• I'm frustrated as hell as most of us here, it's almost a month since we reported this issue. Really dissapointing.... 

• Been keeping a keen eye on this thread, and agree it is frustrating.

My solution was to take back my VA4S, get my hard earned money back, and completely downgrade to a VA3 (at a dirt cheap price) and use a bit of kit that is proven to work, and has had the last 2 years or so for the kinks to be worked out. 

Though I don't have PulseOX or Body Battery, everything else (including the VO2Max estimate) is working as it should be and should I decide to stay with Garmin, I may invest in the VA4 in a years time or so. 

My only big gripe is how I was fobbed off when contact Garmin Support. Time after time when I needed their help, I was provided with an almost 'try this and go away' type answer. Poor service. I promise you, I'm not a serial moaner, but Garmin - you have given me no reason to be positive about your products and respective support. So far, at least anyway. 

I honestly hope this new fix comes for you guys before Xmas. 

• Buying a sportwatch was for me a consequence of serious life changing decisions and I was really hyped about training with it, analyzing lots of data etc. And right after I started using it I got first vo2 estimate and I was like, yesss I'm not in that bad shape as I thought. So I was motivated like hell after seeing this... but time went by and I was demotivated every day seeing it stuck.

Anyway I wasn't living in a cave, I know how consumer electronics are these days. I actually was prepared to be a guinea pig, knowing that new devices at start have a lot of troubles which get sorted out with updates in first few months. That's the consequence of buying products right after it's premiere.

BUT I expected the support to be far way better, especially for US company. And it's not only about this issue and this forum. I contacted Garmin support in my country directly, right after buying the watch, about the blueish backlight - asking if it's normal. I've got 2 responses... First guy said to REBOOT the watch at least 20 times.... The second one send me a pic of his watch saying it's normal, and that's a MIP display blah blah.

THAT is frustrating as f... here - the support we (don't) get.