This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery less than 24 hours

Dear Community,

Since yesterday i've got my Vivoactive 4s. Today at 11am i've charged it 100%. Now, at 4pm Battery Level is 55%. Just in Smartwatch mode
SPO2 is off. Wlan, Musik never used. 
Whats up? 
Are there someone else with this Problem?

• Prior to the 3.5 update I had been getting around 5 days of battery life, which is okayish. Now all of a sudden after the update it is back to over 1% drain per hour. I cannot win with this stupid watch, it is just a piece of crap.

• Agree..Already updated to 3.5, charged to 100% last night around 9PM.. it drained 20% in just 2 hours doing nothing right after unplugging it (PulseOX off or whatever that is - I do not even use that).. then after, the battery freefall seemed to slow down suddendly after like 3 hours of the full charge, and now I have 60% after 17 hours of charge. This stupid watch seems to do something when fully charged so that it swallows battery like crazy.. in 24 hours I will be most likely 50%, which means 0% in 48 hours if I'm lucky enough.. I will keep testing and see what combination allows more battery uptime.

It is unacceptable that we the users have to be doing guesswork on keeping this watch charged for more than 2 days, doing all types of tricks and magic, and see 20% drain in 2 hours by just being sit in the living room is insultating..

• Since 3.5 I am back at about 1.05 percentage drain per hours. I do not know which improvements in stability Garmin was going to implement, but it getting worse on the battery side again. I had a drain of 0.68 percentage before with 3.4. Please react as soon as possible!! 

• I have spent a month trying to get decent battery life out of this thing and it clear that I probably never will. The updates Garmin has put out has not fixed the problem for some, as the problem is not with the software but with the hardware. I never had this problem with the FR245, and it is obvious that the quality of the VA4s is inferior to older Garmin models.

• Adding my 2 cents. Got my VA4 in the mail yesterday and immediately setup and proceed to update to firmware 3.50. after a while it was finally done with he update and I charged the watch to 100% last night and wore to sleep around 12am. It is now the next day at 2:42pm and I'm done down 92%. I have not tracked any workout yet. WiFi is off and so is Pulse 0x. So far so good, can't complain. Was using a refurb vivosmart HR+ before and the GPS was horrible. 

• Tried all of this but unfortunately still experiencing massive battery drop. Returning in a few days to avoid having to troubleshoot further or be stuck with a device I've got recharge every day (main reason why I didn't go with Apple)

• How to turn seconds display off? I cannot even find analog watch without showing seconds.

Another comment, apparently watch does not have light sensor and turns on back light every time when is used. Or I'm missing something?!

• I have the same issue!!!! Been struggling with my Garmin’s battery life for days or weeks now! I charge it to 100% which used to last me 3-4 days and now not even a day?! Can someone please tell me how to fix this Sob Garmin support????

• If I keep charging after it shows 100% batterylife it lasts way longer.

I think 100% shown is not really 100%...

Charged it for a ~4 hours and now 20 hours later it still shows 97%...

If I unplug the charger right when it hits 100% I loose the first couple of % rather quickly.

• This is exactly what happens to me too.. I have unplugged it right at the moment it reaches 100%, and it drians the battery super fast.. But if I leave it an hour after reaching 100% the drain is much slower.. Unbelievable..