This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery less than 24 hours

Dear Community,

Since yesterday i've got my Vivoactive 4s. Today at 11am i've charged it 100%. Now, at 4pm Battery Level is 55%. Just in Smartwatch mode
SPO2 is off. Wlan, Musik never used. 
Whats up? 
Are there someone else with this Problem?

• I am planning to buy this watch for my girlfriend and my only concern is the battery duration. Can you share your experience about battery life using GPS tracking? We do a lot of hiking up to 10 hours. Can I expect the 4 (and 4S?) to last that long (GPS only)? Thanks!

• Based on other vivoactives, 10 hrs "might" be an issue.  But all it takes is a cell phone battery back and your charging cable, and a few minutes when you stop for a break and you can extend the time with no problem.

Last time I did a test with the original vivoactive, with an occasional "boost", I stopped after 24 hours and had 70% battery.

"change on the go". 

• Hello i bought the vivoactive 4s and the battery loosing 2% for hour. 

My setup : version 3.40

• Heart rate on
    • Pulse ox off
    • Bluetooth off
    • Notifications on
    • Watch face is Garmin default 
    • Back light off
    • Auto lock OFF
    • Respiration on
    • Body battery on
    • Weather widget installed

some one disable smart workouts, where is this setting please ? 

my husband buy the Garmin venu and the battery is better ...

Thanks.

• First step to improving battery life is updating the watch to the latest firmware, as of right now that is 3.4. On 3.4 my VA 4 is trending to an 8 day battery life with with playing around with the watch. 

to disable auto start on activities go to settings, activity tracking, auto activity  start and set to off. 

• Even after updating to 3.40 for several days with factory settings and several long full charges, the watch is draining 3-4% an hour. Absolutely minimal use of the watch. What else could be happening here? 

• Try re-booting the watch.

Which watch face are you using?

• Thx for answser, my  firmware is already 3.4.

My watch face with seconds. Full charged this morning 100%, i change watch face for no second. 

if there is no change I will return the watch

• After all the updates and 4 hour charges the battery life is still not great, nowhere near Garmin's claim of a 7 day battery life for the 4s. I can get 5 days max, with: Lachesis Light face, screen lock always on, wrist gestures off, 20% backlight, resp on, HR on, notifications on, pulse ox off, spotify installed but never used, no activities (I can only imagine how short the battery life will be when I actually do an activity or listen to music). It seems like pretty minimal use to me, and with similar settings I can get well over 7 days with my FR245. What do I have to do to get 7 days with the VA4s, turn everything off and not wear it? That is not realistic at all. Thank goodness I still have my FR245 for when I actually want to do activities, because the VA4S is nice to look at but not very practical or useful.

• Seeing the same thing, master cleared the device and turned of BT still draning battery

• I've been through the entire gambit: restarts, full factory resets, charging to 100% for 4 hours. Continued minimal use of the watch and I am still seeing 3-4% drain an hour. I have to charge every day with this performance. Will try to contact support again.