This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is it possible **AT ALL** to install any app or watch face on a Venu Sq2 ?!!

Hi everyone.

Bought a Venu Sq2 two days ago.

It has things that I really LOVE: good battery life, fits my hand perfectly, decent sensors, nice reports, etc.

Unfortunately, I can't upload/transfer any app or watch face.
Tried with an iPhone 14, a Macbook Pro and a Windows 11 machine (either via Bluetooth with Garmin Connect /IQ Connect), and also USB via Connect Express).

And yes, tried everything: connecting, disconnecting, both watch and phone, installed/reinstalled, hard/soft resets, etc.).

Thing is... I really would like to keep this device! The stuff I like about it, I REALLY LIKE (namely the battery life, sleep tracking, etc.)

Which is why I didn't purchase an Apple Watch: I don't need another mini-iPhone with a crappy battery life on my wrist.

But how can I ignore the fact that I paid more than 250 $/EUR for something that doesn't allow me to upload a simple app or watch face?

Like I said, I really want to keep this device.

But now I found that I also need an app that is not built-in (Jump Rope), and I can't for the life of me put it on the watch...

What a disappointment!

Glad I can ask for money back but.... what alternatives are out there (besides Garmin brand) that have good battery life and **actually work**?

Here is the information about the devices I'm using, if it matters for anything:

Garmin Venu Sq 2
Sw Version: 2.64
[DFU-f811ac]
GPS version: 2.35
ANT/BLE: 3.01
TSC: 1.64
Sensor Hub: 27.14
WHR: 14.00.06
Connect IQ: System 6
BMX: 14.0.6
Secondary BMX: 15.0.1
API Level: 4.2.4

iPhone 14 Plus
iOS version: 17.4.1
Bluetooth 5.3

MacOS
OS Sonoma 14.0

Windows 11 Home

• I’m experiencing a similar issue with my Venu Sq2 Music Edition (SW version 2.64). It appears that something broke in a recent update.

I can no longer install apps, despite trying everything I could think of—such as performing a full reset (deleting data and resetting settings) and attempting direct installations from my phone. Unfortunately, nothing seems to resolve this very frustrating problem.

An update for the Connect IQ Store is visible in my Android Connect IQ app, but even that update cannot be installed.

I am raising a ticket with Garmin customer support. I recommend that everyone experiencing this issue also open a support ticket. The more people who report the problem, the greater the likelihood that it will be addressed and resolved.

• I believe the issue lies on the server side (the apps repository), not with the watch.

We've only observed user complaints in the last 24 hours. If it were a software problem with the watches, we would have seen complaints for several weeks now. Therefore, I expect it to be resolved by Monday the latest.

• Thanks for your reply!
    That's good to know. 
    I will wait until Monday, then. 
    I purchased the watch 2 days ago, I still have 12 full days to get money back. 

Here's hoping that it gets solved, so I can keep this watch which I like very much!

Thanks!

• Give the connect -iq app the permission for location/contact.. n that worked for me

• The solution is to give the Connect IQ mobile app storage (and perhaps contacts and location) permissions.

It's not Garmin Connect. It's Connect IQ. Two different apps.

Garmin needs to urgently roll out a new Connect IQ version that fixes this permissions issue. A lot of customers don't visit this forum...

• How to do this on iOS Iphone?

• Don't know about iOS.
    However, that workaround is not the solution to the ongoing issue:
    forums.garmin.com/.../1776821

• All,

This has been reported and escalated previously on this thread. To keep everything in one place I will lock this thread and post any updates we may have on the thread mentioned in previous thread. We appreciate your patience while we work through this.