This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to download any app on Garmin venu sq2 music edition

I got a garmin venu sq 2 music edition today. I tried installing amazon music, spotify.. any app in the connect iq store. It goes on installing and then does not install.

I have tried on both android and ios. I have updated the watch using garmin express

I have reset the watch loads of times.. paired again. Connected and disconnected via bluetooth. Reset. Name it , I have done it. But somehow i cannot install any app.

I even uninstalled the apps it came installed with and it would not install those apps again.

Really fed up by now. Planning to return the watch. I have seen similar posts here and even on reddit. Seems like an issue with garmin venu sq 2 right now.

+

• Welcome it's been week since I cant install or update and last month was same issue.

• I would now recommend leaving negative and 1* reports on the Play Store, Amazon and Apple Store, also any other feedback mechanism or social media point. Garmin should not be selling a watch which is unfit for purpose whilst knowing that to be true. At best, immoral and unethical, at worst, illegal and against Trading Standards legislation. When this first happened, a workaround was published by a consumer and not Garmin. They appear to have actively disabled that workaround, deliberately crippling any solution.  Public social media attacks are often productive when a company is not competent enough to fix an issue like this. Aim to leave negatives on high end products as well about poor customer support and software testing failures. 

• Hey, Garmin!

Are you really so weak that you can't solve this problem for so long? I'm really disappointed.

• I've already left 1* on Garmin IQ Store watch app long time ago, because it's useless for me and can't be uninstalled - basically a bloatware not able to function without its pair on Android or iOS. Well for someone it's convenient to control Android Garmin IQ Store from watch, but it's easier to just grab phone and navigate/install much faster.

I think something wrong happened with whole infrastructure. I personally didn't update Android Garmin IQ Store, and didn't update Garmin Express. The versions I have perfectly worked earlier, but suddenly stopped (I have my Android configured to not install/update Android apps without me allowing that explicitly). It means apps are good, but infrastructure is broken, well at least it looks like.

I agree though, regardless of issue origin, leaving 1* on Play Store should help to push attention to sooner fix. Anyway, even if Garmin fix issue right now - it's a bad experience that can't be forgotten. I didn't see any official Garmin email with apology.

I was trying to convince my wife for long time shift from Fitbit to Garmin smartwatch, and it almost worked, but now - this issue ruined experience and she decided not to buy Garmin.

• I've heard from various sources that Garmin now wants to enable the ECG function for the Venu SQ 2 as compensation for this hassle - the hardware is there... Well, that's at least something that comes back to us will fraternize with the brand.

• I added low star review on Google Play store to warn other users.
    Hope that Garmin wakes up soon.

• Got the Venu Sq2 Music three days ago. Everything definitly worked well at first. Downloads and installations via IQ: no problem. Then I updated the watch to 2.64 and App-/Watchface-installation stopped working immediatly as described by many users. The firmware on the watch definitly is broken/buggy. GARMIN: fix this ASAP! Is there a way to downgrade the firmware?

• Thank you for this info, very good to know! I didn't point attention on watch auto-update. Looks like it makes sense to disable Venu Sq 2 firmware updates, and only allow new future updates after checking this forum first if no issues reported.

BTW, do you remember if Garmin IQ store watch app is pre-installed, or appeared there after firmware update?

• I*m almost 100% sure that the IQ app was preinstalled on my watch. But I wouldn't bet on it.

• The IQ App was installed on Smartphone BEFORE Firmware Update