Venu Sq 2 not calculating VO2 Max since v2.59

Since updating to system version 2.59 my Venu Sq 2 is no longer computing VO2 max scores when I do a running activity. VO2 max was updated for every running activity for six months before this update. I have done a factory reset and used a heart rate strap to try to get a VO2 max score to no avail. Is this a bug or is there something else I can try?

• confirmed here too! after upgrading to v2.64 i tracked a 16min walk activity and when i stopped (and clicked the tick to save) the activity, it showed the Vo2max score at the top of the results screen!! never seen that before.

note: I did have to reconnect my Venu Sq2 watch to the garmin app after updating the software as it couldn't sync. But clicking through the set up options in the App reconnected the watch ok, didn't have to reset the watch, so no data lost.

• My watch didn't have issues reconnecting and it's supposedly updating the VO2MAX correctly after a run. But due to the bug, during the last 3 months it kept randomly lowering my vo2max from 49 to 42 and now it's stuck.

I know for a fact I'm not less fit than I was 3 months ago, yet the watch will still update to exactly 42 every time (1 half hour run and 2 walks initiated from the Vo2max screen). I'm wondering if it takes time to change the average over a long period or what? Maybe I need to reset the watch? 

If you go to system updates and click "what's new", does it actually show VO2MAX fixed in the list? Mine doesn't show that in the list of changes for this update. Could be a regional delay also.

• Update: I reset the watch yesterday and did not install any 3rd party app except Amazon music.

The watch synced to my phone and showed all the old values including the broken VO2MAX value from before. I just went for a 4km run and it showed VO2MAX after the run as being 42.

I think it's not updating. It's just showing the last stored value and calling it a day. I find it hard to believe that before the broken update my score was consistently 49 and then during the update period, the value kept updating randomly without me doing an activity. It went up to 51 and then dropped back down to 43 (when I was helping friends move houses, just carrying stuff up and down stairs, no activities recorded) and then to 42 (when I was sick and never lef the house). So I just think it's very convenient that it's updating to exactly this score now every time I try to update the score.

There are only 2 ways of testing. The first is deleting my account and making a new one and resetting the watch so there are no old values.

And the second is handing over my watch to someone much fitter or much worse than me for a walk or a jog and seeing what happens.

Anyone else getting suspicious results?