This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu 2 sensors not working (heart rate shows as "--", Indicating it is not detecting arm)

Hi. I bought a Venu 2 about a year ago. Recently the sensors just stopped working. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including a full reset, making sure the app/watch was up-to-date, ensuring my settings were enabled. No light comes on at all, neither green nor red. If I try to do a health snapshot, it just says that arm is not detected. 

Sometimes when I reset the watch is comes back on. 

For context, the steps, the floors, the notifications, the calorie counter -- those are all still working. It's only the heart rate, stress, and sleep that aren't tracking. 

My question -- has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any known issues with Garmin and Android?

• All, 

I've sent you all emails regarding this.

• Do we have permission to email you? yes
    • Which country do you reside in? Hungary
    • What is the WHR version on your watch (Menu > Settings > System > About) 11.00.07
    • May we access your Connect account? yes
    • Does this only occur during activity or both in and outside of activity? it only occurred once so far, during an activity
    • Which activity profile are you using? Does it occur in other activity profiles? I was using the Walk profile with "GPS only" tracking when after 47 sec the watch stopped recording HR. I noticed it and checked the green LEDs on the back, they were completely dark. After finishing I started another Walk activity with GPS tracking and the HR recording was OK. Later today I swam in pool, that also recorded HR correctly.
    • When did this first occur? Today
  • It happened twice again. Both were GPS-tracked walks. once the watch dropped the HR after 52 sec, the other time after 1 min 33 sec. It seems that without GPS tracking the HR recording works fine.

• Do we have permission to email you? yes
    Which country do you reside in? France
    What is the WHR version on your watch (Menu > Settings > System > About) 11.00.07
    May we access your Connect account? yes
    Does this only occur during activity or both in and outside of activity? Only during an activity
    Which activity profile are you using? Does it occur in other activity profiles? It happened with the running activity. I have not tried another.
    When did this first occur? 07/31

• Has there been a fix for the issue of the Heart Rate not working while - active walking or running, only stopped working after the last SW update.

• Yes
    • New Zealand 
    • SW version 14.10 WHR 11.00.07 
    • Yes
    • Only during activities 
    • Walking or Running 
    • After updating SW version 
  • Had this problem for the first time when starting a hiking workout today. I rebooted the watch, restarted the hiking event but nothing solves this issue. Then I selected going instead of hiking and it worked.

• Some conclusions that I've drawn on my watch (now running 14.10):

- This happens if the watch is too charged, i.e. if I leave it at 20-40% it always works fine. If I charge it higher it starts acting up.

- If it stops showing the HR, stop and save the activity and start it again. Do *not* restart the watch.

At least those two points seem to hold true for me.

• One way around this without stopping/saving the activity and starting over is just to press and hold button "B" (lower right) until you can see the Settings gear. Tap that and then scroll to "Wrist Heart Rate". Disable / Enable and it starts working properly without having to trash your activity.

• Adding to the thread, this issue started with my Venu 2 *after* I updated to 14.10.  HR measurements work fine when not in an activity, and when using the "weights" or "treadmill" activities.  On Tuesday I recorded a hike, and noticed halfway through that my HR showed as "--."  After finishing the hike, it started recording heart rate again.  I found this thread, and on Wednesday recorded another hike.  0.2 miles in my heart rate was zeroed out again, I stopped the activity, re-started it as a "walk" and it recorded heart rate normally.

I'm on my second Venu 2 now (I got a replacement from Garmin in July due to my first watch losing the ability to record heart rate and steps, and the ability to sync via bluetooth after a forced software update) so I'm very disappointed at this point...

• Do we have permission to email you? Yes
    • Which country do you reside in? USA
    • What is the WHR version on your watch (Menu > Settings > System > About) 11.00.07
    • May we access your Connect account? Yes
    • Does this only occur during activity or both in and outside of activity? I've only noticed it using the "Hike" activity thus far, the watch records HR normally otherwise
    • Which activity profile are you using? Does it occur in other activity profiles? So far, only Hike - but I haven't tried starting a Walk activity first yet
    • When did this first occur - Tuesday of this week, although I updated to 14.10 last week I think (didn't hike or do a GPS activity until this week.)
  • All,

We've released a new beta software addressing this disruption. To install this software, enroll in the Beta software program (HERE), sync the watch, then go to Menu > System > Software Update > Check for Updates.

If you prefer not to enroll in Beta, feel free to wait until our Live software release is rolled out.