This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu 2 sensors not working (heart rate shows as "--", Indicating it is not detecting arm)

Hi. I bought a Venu 2 about a year ago. Recently the sensors just stopped working. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including a full reset, making sure the app/watch was up-to-date, ensuring my settings were enabled. No light comes on at all, neither green nor red. If I try to do a health snapshot, it just says that arm is not detected. 

Sometimes when I reset the watch is comes back on. 

For context, the steps, the floors, the notifications, the calorie counter -- those are all still working. It's only the heart rate, stress, and sleep that aren't tracking. 

My question -- has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any known issues with Garmin and Android?

• Happened to me as well few hours ago. Heart rate showing "--". Tried to force a health snapshot but failed. Could not get the heart rate to work until I powered off and then back on the watch. Now it's working. Fingers crossed.

• You'll want to make sure the WHR version is up to date on the watch by running it through Garmin Express. This can be followed by a hard reset (Press and hold the top-left button for 30-seconds). 

If you need further assistance please reach out to your local Product Support agent. 

• I noticed the same this morning during by running activity.

No HRM monitoring, only " --".

After stopping and saving the activity, HRM returned.

Does this has anything to do with the recent SW-update =>14.07 ??

• It’s been happening to me after I updated to 14.07. Garmin needs to fix asap. Makes the watch completely unreliable now. 

• I can pretty much guarantee you that it was the update to version 14.07. Until a few days ago, that exact version was in a beta state that got released about two weeks ago. And the Beta Forum has a thread about this exact issue having happened to a few people while the 14.07 was still a beta version.

• I have actually had my watch auto-install that update late last week, and today the HRM randomly starts giving out when moving around (doesn't matter whether I'm in a workout or not), just to come back in when sitting down.

I have been plenty annoyed so far by choosing a Garmin watch given the threads on basically every single model complaining about the heart rate measurement being incredibly imprecise and weak outside of a manually started workout, but this really takes the cake... Now it's not just borderline useless, but entirely useless. Please fix both issues, Garmin. And checking for a more recent software via Garmin Express and doing a hard reset obviously does nothing since the operating software itself is the issue.

• Whatever is going on from the software update isn’t a problem with the sensor. The heart rate sensor literally just turns off completely. 

• So after this last update (14.07) I have not yet notice it happening again. However, this started for me around a year ago and has been happening on and off. I am not able to return the watch to Garmin as I am moved to another country so now I am stuck with it. I really hope it is just software because I really like to watch but without a heart rate sensor, it is really not worth a lot.

• I hope you can get it figured out, but it works perfect for me until after this last update

• All, 

I'm sorry to hear about this disruption. So that I may look into this further, please answer the following questions:

• Do we have permission to email you?
    • Which country do you reside in?
    • What is the WHR version on your watch (Menu > Settings > System > About)
    • May we access your Connect account?
    • Does this only occur during activity or both in and outside of activity?
    • Which activity profile are you using? Does it occur in other activity profiles?
    • When did this first occur?