This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu 2 sensors not working (heart rate shows as "--", Indicating it is not detecting arm)

Hi. I bought a Venu 2 about a year ago. Recently the sensors just stopped working. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including a full reset, making sure the app/watch was up-to-date, ensuring my settings were enabled. No light comes on at all, neither green nor red. If I try to do a health snapshot, it just says that arm is not detected. 

Sometimes when I reset the watch is comes back on. 

For context, the steps, the floors, the notifications, the calorie counter -- those are all still working. It's only the heart rate, stress, and sleep that aren't tracking. 

My question -- has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any known issues with Garmin and Android?

• The hard reset did not fix the problem. The watch stopped recording heart rate 32 seconds into a walking activity today (GPS position and elevation were recorded fine).

The watch has worked fine for over 18 months apart from the battery problem discussed elsewhere in this forum.

• I am having the same issue as others have described since updating to 14.07.  About 30 seconds after starting an activity, HR shows "-" for the remainder of the activity.  The HR tracking will resume normally once the activity is ended.  I've experienced this behavior in the walk and hike activities.  I'm very disappointed.  HR tracking is a core feature of the product that is now unusable.

• Hard reset did not help. What's the next thing I should try?

• Same kind of problem here. It just started a few days ago. Heart rate reads as -- when in hike mode only. All other activities I use seem to work okay. But in hike mode which is the one I use the most.. it just stops registering after a minute. Very aggravating. 

• Yes! Same here. Happens to me only in hike mode. It just started a few days ago on a huge hike I was in and it was super aggravating. I did a 9.2 mile hike with 2,500 elevation gain and it told me I only burned 400 calories. And it only registered that many because I kept trying to reset. So frustrating. Been using my watch for hikes fine for 2 years. 

• my findings on this issue - for me, it seems to present itself when i toggle from battery saver into normal mode (or vice versa).  this is an issue because i typically keep the watch on battery saver mode except for when i am recording an activity.  i have found that i can sometimes get the HR monitoring to kick back on by clicking into the "heart rate" tab of the detail menu (the place where you go to see steps, body battery, etc).  if i open up the HR graph, it'll initially show "--" then "measuring", then it seems to sustain HR measuring going forward.

really annoying stuff, hopefully garmin can fix this clear software issue.

• Issue not fixed in fw 14.10b. Firmware actual worse than previous.

• Sad, very sad.
    But probably the saddest thing is that Garmin is unresponsive

• Yesterday the watch recorded heart rate for only the first ten seconds of a bike ride. This also means the intensity minutes are not recorded during the activity.

• All, 

If I have not already reached out to you regarding this, please install the 14.10 software onto your watch. This is being rolled out slowly and will be available to all users by Monday (07/31). If the disruption is still present after the 14.10 update, please answer the following:

• Do we have permission to email you?
    • Which country do you reside in?
    • What is the WHR version on your watch (Menu > Settings > System > About)
    • May we access your Connect account?
    • Does this only occur during activity or both in and outside of activity?
    • Which activity profile are you using? Does it occur in other activity profiles?
    • When did this first occur?