This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu 2 sensors not working (heart rate shows as "--", Indicating it is not detecting arm)

Hi. I bought a Venu 2 about a year ago. Recently the sensors just stopped working. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including a full reset, making sure the app/watch was up-to-date, ensuring my settings were enabled. No light comes on at all, neither green nor red. If I try to do a health snapshot, it just says that arm is not detected. 

Sometimes when I reset the watch is comes back on. 

For context, the steps, the floors, the notifications, the calorie counter -- those are all still working. It's only the heart rate, stress, and sleep that aren't tracking. 

My question -- has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any known issues with Garmin and Android?

• Hello. I have the same problem. I've been an experienced Garmin user, used many watches since 2017 and none of the solutions mentioned above seem to work for me.

• Do we have permission to email you? (Yes, i can give my e-mail info).
    • Turkey.
    • System 14.10, WHR 11.00.07.
    • Yes, you can access my Connect account.
    • About 10 seconds after starting an activity (walking for instance), the OHR sensor stops working. Just during the activity, not outside. It works smoothly in general tracking.
    • I have only observed it during walking, for gym exercises i use an external chest strap.
    • Today, after updating it to 14.10.
  • So as an update, my watch was actually working really well for a change, only had the heart tare sensor switch off a small handfull of times, until yesterday 27/07. New stupid update came out and now no heart rate sensor at all!! No amount of hard reset is fixing it this time.

As a side note, what now really upsets me is that I now know it is software that is causing this. So all along I was concerned that it was hardware when actuallyit could have been fixed with a software patch. 

• - Yes

- Sweden

- WHR: 12.00.03

- Yes

- When starting an Walking activity

- Walking activity with GPS

- Several weeks ago, when 14.07 was introduced. Problem still occurs with 14.10 installed.

• I'm so worried reading this... my watch just updated to 14.10 and now I read about this problems with WHR... tomorrow I vate planned a run and I hope it will work correctly... By the way this seems a big bug... how can be possible that it was not found in unit test before releasing the new firmware... May we are beta tester for Garmin???? 

• I've reached out to you via email.

• I've reached out to you via email

• - yes

- Germany

- yes

- for me, problems mainly occur when switching between energy saving mode and the regular mode. Whenever I switch them, the sensor stops measuring until I manually ask my watch for my heart rate, then it works fine again. 

Also I noticed, that there is no vibration when doing a Health Snapshot which I find pretty annoying when not knowing when it is done. Also when an alarm goes off during a Health Snapshot it won't vibrate at all.

During activities I rarely have had any issues but I often use an external chest strap. Though, using an app from Garmin IQ to track my open water swimming, I get no data at all, also no distance. I don't know whether it is the watch or the app, last year it worked fine though.

- it first occurred when updating to 14.07 and still remains with version 14.10

• Hello I have the same issue and the hard reboot doesn't change anything...

• Yes
    • France
    • Firmware 14.10 WHR 11.00.07
    • Yes
    • Mainly during activities (I don't remember if it occurs outside activities)
    • Running and cycling
    • after the firmware update 14.09 I guess

Regads

• Do we have permission to email you? -- Yes
    • Which country do you reside in? -- Germany
    • What is the WHR version on your watch (Menu > Settings > System > About) -- 11.00.07
    • May we access your Connect account? -- Yes
    • Does this only occur during activity or both in and outside of activity? -- So far only during activities
    • Which activity profile are you using? Does it occur in other activity profiles? -- Problem occured the first time today, after my watch received the 14.10 update. I used the Komoot App in this case but the problem seems to be the same as for the others. Heart rate measurement worked fine the first 1:17min and then just stopped for the remainder of the activity.
    • When did this first occur? -- Since the 14.10 update which I received this morning.
  • same issue here.   

• Do we have permission to email you? -- Yes
    • Which country do you reside in? -- United States
    • What is the WHR version on your watch (Menu > Settings > System > About) -- 11.00.07  (software is 14.10)
    • May we access your Connect account? -- Yes
    • Does this only occur during activity or both in and outside of activity? -- just during an activity 
    • Which activity profile are you using? Does it occur in other activity profiles? -- this time during the Run activity and worked fine in walking; the first instance a few weeks ago was during Walk activity
    • When did this first occur? -- This happened a few times maybe 3 weeks ago but went away ... I hadn't associated it with an update but may well have been. The current issue restarted today (7/30/2023).