This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu 2 sensors not working (heart rate shows as "--", Indicating it is not detecting arm)

Hi. I bought a Venu 2 about a year ago. Recently the sensors just stopped working. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including a full reset, making sure the app/watch was up-to-date, ensuring my settings were enabled. No light comes on at all, neither green nor red. If I try to do a health snapshot, it just says that arm is not detected. 

Sometimes when I reset the watch is comes back on. 

For context, the steps, the floors, the notifications, the calorie counter -- those are all still working. It's only the heart rate, stress, and sleep that aren't tracking. 

My question -- has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any known issues with Garmin and Android?

• A hard reset indeed did nothing, still facing the same problem 

• Yes, I am experiencing similar problems.  I have owned my Venu 2 for just short of two years and have been delighted with it.  However, since the latest update, things have gone badly.  The HR is not showing or recorded.  At first, this seemed to be just during an activity but today it worked during my activity but stopped working soon after ending the activity.  In short, there seems to be no pattern to this.  Is it possible to revert to the previous update until these things are sorted out and thoroughly tested?

• The same thing happened to me today. The watch stops HR measurement after ~30s of training. Two days ago there was an update on my watch too (currently I have version 14.07).

• I'm also having the issue.  My watch has randomly gone into battery saver mode. (Really annoying because the display is then so faint, I can barely read it to get thru the menu to turn battery saver off.) After that, the heart rate sensor will stop working.  The hard reset gets it working again,  but it doesn't fix the underlying problem,  it just gets it back until it randomly stops again. I've not been able to find a way to always trigger the problem. 

• Venu 2s here same problem, never have this issue before, installed version 14.07 couple days ago. Since the week started the heart rate sensor stop working after about 75 secondes in 4 of my walking activity. To make the sensor work again (without resetting the watch) I have to go in setting disable "Wrist Heart Rate" and re-enable it. 

Tried multiple hard reset but the problem always came back.

Doesn't seem to happen during indoor activities or maybe it's just luck.

• I have the same problem, but I may have some more information to add.

I discovered, that I am loosing HR data on the first activity after charging the watch to 100%. In my first walk activity after charging, HR stops recording after 1 min. of activity, but if I stop the activity and start a new one, then the problem is gone and everything is fine, all HR data are recorded in my activities until next time I charge the watch.

• For me the problem was largely gone after I deconnected and reconnected the watch to the phone. I did this originally because the bluetooth connection wasn't working but after the reconnect heart rate was lost only once in the mid of an activity and twice outside and worked for the remaining 22 activities since then. Before the reconnect, I lost the heart rate during every actvitiy.

• I have seen this problem for two days in a row. Soon after starting a walking activity the heart rate shows as "-" and is not recorded. Restarting the watch while recording causes the heart rate to appear again, but it soon disappears. I am also on software version 14.07 and have never seen this problem before.

I have tried the hard reset and will report back.

• Hard reset not solve this problem. 

This is sad. 

Do you plan publish hotfix for this problem?

• Seeing the same issue here, just started today. 14.07 is no good.