This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Garmin Venu 2 sensors not working (heart rate shows as "--", Indicating it is not detecting arm)

Hi. I bought a Venu 2 about a year ago. Recently the sensors just stopped working. I have gone through all the troubleshooting, including a full reset, making sure the app/watch was up-to-date, ensuring my settings were enabled. No light comes on at all, neither green nor red. If I try to do a health snapshot, it just says that arm is not detected. 

Sometimes when I reset the watch is comes back on. 

For context, the steps, the floors, the notifications, the calorie counter -- those are all still working. It's only the heart rate, stress, and sleep that aren't tracking. 

My question -- has anyone else experienced something similar? If so, how did you resolve it? Are there any known issues with Garmin and Android?

• email me, yes
    • US
    • yes "climbbike"
    • This started the first time i did a "walk" activity the next morning after the update. Once it started, the HR sensor was just off. so it wasn't working in the activity or on the watch even after I stopped the activity. I restarted the watch, everything was fine again, then i started a 'walk' again and it started out fine but within a few minutes, HR just completely stopped again. Funny thing is I can't reproduce it on demand. just happens sometimes.
    • I have only tried 'walk' so far.
    • first activity use after the SW update.

what's also weird is if i do an 'update' on the watch, it says it downloads an update then just hangs at "downloaded" forever.
  • 1. Yes

2. The Netherlands.

3. WHR version : 11.00.07

4. Yes

5/6. Running, outside (1x occurred)

7. Last Sunday (SW update last Friday)

• 1.) Yes, you may contact me via e-mail
    2.) Germany
    3.) 11.00.07
    4.) Yes
    5.) It appears randomly under any circumstances
    6.) Usually just the "walk" profile
    7.) The issue with the watch not being able to measure the heart rate appeared today (Monday, July 3rd); the update has been automatically performed late last week after Thursday.

The problem for me with the heart rate always being very imprecise outside of a workout (basically not responding to any short spikes or lows, just starts properly showing the heart rate after multiple minutes) has appeared since I've bought the watch. And looking back at other models as well in the forum, it seems to appear on a lot of different devices with all sorts of firmware versions.

• Just got another update. Same sw version but WHR 12.00.03 now and it now says no update to download now. Well, hopefully that fixes it . . .

• Nope. Still happening. It just happened while I was just in configuring data screens for the run activity. 

• Hi, please see response below

• Yes you are welcome to email me. 
    • I bought the watch in South Africa but I live in Tbilisi Georgia. 
    • WHR version 11.00.07
    • Sure you are welcome to have access to my Connect account. 
    • It happens both inside and outside activity 
    • Activity profiles I use is treadmill, run and strength. Have had this come up in all three.
    • It started happening about 1 year ago. I contacted Garmin and did not get a fix. 

Thanks for the assistance 

• 1. Yes

2. Czech republic

3. WHR version : 11.00.07

4. Yes you can access my account

5/6. Both,

7. Last week

SW update yesterday

• Yes

netherlands

whr 11.00.07

yes

during activity

running

today, first run after update to 14.07

• Happened to me directly after the 14.07 update and starting a Bike Activity.  I was able to fix by hard resetting the Venu 2 and hard reset of my iPhone 13 Pro.  Following the resets, everything worked as expected. 

• All,

I've reached out to everyone that responded to my questions via email.