This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update?

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update? I keep seeing how other watches receive new features but my venu 2s mainly has the same things it had when I bought it :/ I'd be happy with that smart alarm thing that should be easy to implement 

• Thanks ! It's probably different in person but they don't look that apart in these pictures. One thing I've always liked on the V2 is its fluted bezel that's reminiscent of vintage Omega watches ;-) The addition of a Ti bezel on the 965 certainly helps the FR line in the looks department.

The screen sizes are not strikingly different with these watch faces but it would likely make a difference during sports activities. Garmin has severely crippled the V2 in that area but there workarounds thanks to some resourceful CIQ developers, GRun being one of the better examples IMHO.

• There isn’t a huge difference, both watches look great. 

In person the 965 does look better and chunkier.  You are correct, the screen in normal life looks pretty similar.  In activities is where you notice it.  It looks massive, it’s very odd that it makes such a difference.  

Is the 965 worth over double what I paid for the Venu 2.  Nope, it is not.  However, I am happy that I upgraded as it does offer more training features and seems to work just that little bit better.  It may be placebo but it feels more premium and polished.