This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update?

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update? I keep seeing how other watches receive new features but my venu 2s mainly has the same things it had when I bought it :/ I'd be happy with that smart alarm thing that should be easy to implement 

• I have to agree.  I’m used to it with Garmin after getting burned with the 645 (to be fair, still a great watch but not as missed from features given to the lower spec 245). 

Other than the screen, the Venu lags way behind current lifestyle/sport watches. It’s natural competition of the apple watch is now closer than ever to a do it all tracker. Perhaps the Venu 3 will address this, but I don’t hold out much hope.  

• I regret having bought the original Venu. If I expend big money in a watch, I expect them to feature update the watch for a few years. Apple and Coros feature update their watches for 4 or 5 years. Ok, if the Venu didn't have training load when I bought it, I could understand that they don't add it latter on (I didn't pay for it). But the Venu was advertised has having, for instance, sleep tracking. So, if you have a new algorithms for sleep tracking that is less bad than the real bad algorithm from the Venu, update the algorithm at least.

To be honest, I don't think my next watch would be a Garmin.

• sometimes I still get a message saying there's an update but I know it won't be anything noticeable, no new features or improving or the current ones :/

• Me as well. In fact, some days ago I was waken up in the morning by a notification update from the Venu 1 (a "time zone software update", which is updated a lot when it shouldn't). Since the sleep tracking of the watch is so terrible, probably the watch didn't know that I was sleeping. So, I was woken up by an update that doesn't do anything. 

Not all updates are good. Features updates are good. Bug fixes after a watch has been 3 years in the market is more a bad sign than a good one.

• Unlikely any new features will be added. Having said that I'm still happy with my V2, still the best price for an OLED screen and while I'm a sucker for metrics all the stuff on the FR955 I sold was pretty useless and I'm saying that as a competitive marathon runner ! Body Battery is the only "advanced" metric you need TBH and with Runalyze you can see your Recovery Time (in case you really need to see it) for free. Now I do have the Edge 530 that calculates the training load but again, how useful is that when you follow the golden 80/20 rule for running or follow a specific marathon plan.
    The only reason I'd change is to get the 1.4" OLED screen of the FR965 but the price is just not reasonable for no added value of note.

• I just upgraded from a Venu 2 to a 965.  It’s over double what I paid for the Venu 2.  It’s definitely not twice as good, however, I am very happy with it.  

Lots of metrics that seem quite useful that I will likely not use in a few weeks.  It’s definitely a treat more than a need.  

I do disagree on body battery. I find that metric useless in my opinion.  I do understand it’s different strokes for different folks though.  

• Really ? In my experience and all the feedback I've read or seen about it, it's good at showing early signs of an illness setting in and shows that you really need to take it easy when you're not able to "recharge" properly (say 60%) overnight.

As for the extra metrics of the 965, yes I suspect you'll stop looking at them pretty quickly. Again I'm a sucker for numbers and actually having too many that made zero sense on the FR955, like HRV that was practically never in line with what I "felt" (or with BB) was greatly annoying as it was "in my face" in the "Morning Report" ! Oh and Stamina was another one that looked interesting on paper but was useless while running as it failed to show me at 0% after all out races or at the top of an Alpine climb.

Still the 1.4" screen must be a pleasure to look at ;-)

• The extra 0.1 of an inch is nice and the overall look is more to my liking.  I do like it a lot but agree the metrics don’t always align.  Especially as I do weights and run.  Confuses the watch I think.  

Either way I’m happy with it.  

• Any chance you could share a side by side picture ? Thanks !