This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update?

Will the venue 2/2s get a relevant update? I keep seeing how other watches receive new features but my venu 2s mainly has the same things it had when I bought it :/ I'd be happy with that smart alarm thing that should be easy to implement 

• I believe the Venu 2 is now a dead product.  No feature updates and just fixes going forward.  It should have had the morning report at the very least.  It’s garmins flagship health based watch and is yet to get it.  

A garmin 255 now has more health centric features than the year old Venu.   The lily has the morning report.  It makes no sense.  

I may be proved wrong and we get something decent, however, I presume all new features will be saved for the venu 3.  

• Fully agree. I should had wait for the 255. The 245 was small to my wrist and the Fenix too bulky for my daily. Garmin 255 seems perfect right now to me. No relevant updates since I bought the Venu 2 and it seems to me Garmin is not taking advantage of its hardware like, f.e. The barometer or the HR sensor, top peak at the time it was released. More running metrics, pace pro… would be welcome additions.

• Agree! 255 is perfect right now. Unfortunately the venu is more of an Apple Watch alternative.  Odd really as the Apple Watch now has loads of running metrics that put the venu to shame. 

• Since the V2 & V2+ are almost identical, I think you'll find the two watches get updates at the same time.

Since there isn't a Venu 3 yet, I suspect the V2 & V2+ will get appropriate updates as in the past.

Feature updates are limited by hardware capabilities.

• While I don’t doubt hardware can be an issue. Garmin are a company who limit features for differentiation .  I’m in no doubt the Venu 2 has the hardware to run most features except maps.  

Garmin want people to upgrade and limiting features is a great way to do it.  

I'm still salty from the forerunner 645. A watch that was more expensive than the 245 with more features. It got left behind on stuff like pace pro and suggested workouts.   Both features the watch could handle. Garmin will Always claim it’s a hardware issue but in most cases I don’t believe them. That said, I can’t prove it either way, appreciate I could be wrong.  

venu 2 has a powerful (for a watch ) processor and most up to date hr sensor. It could easily have the morning report or HRV monitoring overnight. 

• I start to regret that I decided to get Garmin's watch again, before I had FR245, but I wanted something with the OLED and more smart screen, but I see that Garmin supports the whole new Venu series much worse than the rest. I will wait until winter, if nothing changes, it will be the last watch from this company

• At the end of the day, I knew the Venu was a fitness watch, closer to a Fitbit than to a Forerunner, yet most expensive. On the other hand, I am coming from a TomTom Spark (now with just 30 min of battery expectancy) It was one of the first watches with wrist HR sensor and did receive several good additions before it was cancelled: Fitness Age, Training programs, a Virtual Partner likewise application… all of them unexpected but very welcome.

• Definitely my last Garmin watch.

Filled with bugs. No transparency regarding bug fixes, no real place to submit bug reports, And overall a kind of a joke (Hydration app saga for example and many more).

• Hmm…you wanted an OLED screen and you have it, not many choices at this price point. You can get an apple product charge it EVERY day and still have an inferior fitness smartwatch. I doubt it will be your last watch from Garmin.

• Charging everyday is a pain. However, the Apple Watch is approaching parity with Garmin. It’s adding loads of features. Venu 2 is still a great watch, I just wish it was updated to include more features to keep it in parity with the lily.  Some more running features would be nice. 

As it stands the Venu 2 is a stripped down forerunner 255 with golf. 

For me a forerunner 255 oled would be the ideal.