This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HYDRATION APP: Hydration Alerts not working

Hi all,

As requested by , here is a separate thread for the following issue:

ISSUE: Hydration Alerts stopped working for no obvious reason!

Those alerts have been working, I cannot tell for sure when it stopped (could be the last firmware update...?)

(Apparently, this is not the first time, that users reported this, also for other watches: https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/healthandwellness/f/vivoactive-4-series/215649/hydration-tracking-no-alert/1241017#1241017 )

Please also look into the other issues with the Hydration Widget:

• I see that, when searching in the web version of the Connect IQ Store, that we have an app available, but also a widget as well.  I have uninstalled everything and only reinstalled the app (shown on the left).  I previously had both the app and the widget installed.  With only the app installed, I am getting the alerts as expected.  Over the weekend, I will be testing to see if the sync and reset overnight works as expected.  Would you feel comfortable doing the same, uninstalling everything and only installing the app?

As far as an update goes on the case I have submitted for this issue, I do not have any new information at this time, other than we have it escalated to Engineering and they are currently testing possible fixes.  Unfortunately, I do not have any time table for expected deployment of this possible fix, nor any guarantee of its success.  I will continue to update this thread when I know more.

• Hi all

Quick update from my side:

After weeks of unsuccessfully trying to get a fix for this this issue with the help of  ,  I decided to have my VENU 2 exchanged under warranty. After another couple of weeks, the new VENU 2 has finally arrived. I have been testing it for alomst a week now and can report the following:

- VENU 2 arrived with software version 5.31. It updated automatically to software version 5.33 after a day or so.

- I have been rather coutious with changes to the configuration and installation of additional apps, etc. Also, I have not synced the watch via a computer with Garmin Express so far. Only via my Android smartphone and Garmin Connect.

- At all times / with both software versions, all the HYDRATION App related features are working normally again! By normally, I mean they work the same way as they were, before the bugs described here occured.

- Hydration progress in the glance on the watch is reliably resetting on a daily basis!

This works without any of the odd routines described in the thread. Adding intake throughout the day. Go to sleep. On the next day, progress reset to zero, without any other steps necessary....

- Hydration alerts are now showing again!

Successfully tested different Alerts configurations (frequent, occasionally), seems to be working reliably again.

might be a good idea to get hands on the faulty watcht hat I returned. Could maybe be useful to find the reason for the bug ...?

• I have the same problem, uninstalled all and then tried app individually and then the widget. It’s important to note that when connected to connect it works but only when connected. Not helpful when you are out on an activity without your phone. Please help.
    I should also note that I accidentally auto updated to 5.33 when I was looking at watch faces. I’m not quite sure what version I had before that but it worked fine.

• I've got the same issue. The hydration tracking only memorize the progress when connected to the phone. If not connected the progression bar doesn't change after adding a glass.

• for issues with your hydration alerts not saving on the watch without a Bluetooth connection, see the current thread for this discussion:

Venu 2: Hydration Widget will not save input without an active Bluetooth connection