This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2: Hydration Widget will not save input without an active Bluetooth connection

1. Adding a glass looks like it was added but then when the watch display is off and I turn it back on it goes back to 0.

2. It doesn't reset in the morning unless I sync the watch with phone.

3. The app only barely works when the watch is connected to the phone. Even then, it glitches a lot.

• You’re absolutely right. If tracking is done on both watch and in app, things go completely haywire. Deinstalled that one really fast. 

• Hello .  Please see the "Syncing Hydration Data With Garmin Connect" section of the FAQ below.

Using the Hydration Widget on Your Garmin Watch

• Hi, thanks for the answer, but how does that help? I can't sync the watch each time to add one glass of water. My watch is not connected to my phone during the day. Hydration widget is effectively useless if it doesn't work without a phone connected to the watch. Don't understand why it is different than other widgets that work without a phone.

• Hi, I think what that is saying is just add them only with the widget like normal during the day and then when you want to sync to your phone, go to the watch, open the hydration widget/glance and then open Connect.  This will upload your data to your phone and they'll match.  That's what I do anyways and it works fine.

• For me when I add with the widget, it adds it but after the display goes off it removes it back to 0.

Video attached

• Oh, I see you’re getting a red exclamation point at the top when you try to add it.  Can you tap it?  Does it give you information?

Have you tried a hard reset? If so I would do that.  Hold the A button down for about 10 seconds (past any assistance notifications if you have that set up) until it turns off.  After that, press the A button to turn it back on and see if you can add the glass of water without the red exclamation point.

• Yes, it says "reconnect to phone to refresh data"

If I reconnect to the phone, wait for the sync to finish, disconnect from the phone and try to add a glass again same thing happens.

That's what I am trying to say, the app works only if the phone is connected while adding glasses. It makes no sense.

• What kind of phone do you have?  I have an iPhone and don’t have this issue so am curious.

• I don't think it is related to the phone. My watch is disconnected from the phone when I try this (Bluetooth off, which I keep off most day). Try with Bluetooth off, I am curious.

• Yep that's it!  I can replicate it.  But if I turn bluetooth off on my phone and not the watch I can add the water and it won't reset back.   If you need to have bluetooth off, maybe do it from the phone.