This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Series - Public Beta 4.60 Now Available

Venu 2 Download

Venu 2s Download

Notes:

• Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.
  • Please provide feedback to [email protected]

Change History

Changes made from version 3.48 to 4.60:

• Fixed the pulse ox setting getting switched to 'All Day'
  • Fixed watch face data field clipping
  • Added more user control over display brightness
  • Added support for stress from a HRM strap
  • Added ability to send predefined messages in an Assistance event
  • Updated golf controls and summary pages
  • Fixed an issue with golf club prompt setting causing a reset
  • Increased activity auto save to 30 minutes
  • Added the ability for the display to stay on while stopwatch is running
  • Added Strength workout and personal record improvements
  • Added HIIT workout improvements
  • Translation improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Venu 2 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Venu2_460Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file into the \GARMIN directory of the device. Place the GUP3707.GCD and D853500.zip files inot the \GARMIN\RemoteSW directory on the device.
  3. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  4. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE_348.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE_348.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • I'm having a hard time with the new 10 level manual brightness setting.

I set it to 10% and it's very bright for the lowest available setting. Switching to auto low setting and I see no difference in brightness.

In low ambient light, the manual 10% remains very bright. However, the auto low setting dims the display.

Is anybody experiencing similar or is manual 10% setting dim?

Fwiw I'm using a connect iq watchface,rather than a built-in, but that shouldn't affect how the display brightness works.

I have timeout set to short, gestures on & low sensitivity not in activity.

• I have also set brightness to 10% and it's still very bright, it's the same as the lowest brightness setting before the beta.

• When I have the Duration datafield in the bottom position (of a four datafield screen), and it goes over one hour duration, the first number gets partially clipped from view. In other words, a long duration doesn't quite fit the field size.

• Venu 2. Versions 3.48.  During a manual interval workout using standard garmin connect tools, the watch restarts. Last week, the clock rebooted once at a distance of 2 km out of 6.5 km. Today the watch rebooted several times 150 meters (6,35 km) before the end of the workout. the problem is observed only in this type of workout - both last week and today during this workout the watch restarts. No additional Data Fields were used. If you use the regular Run workout, there is no such extension, and if you select a manually created workout, the watch will restart.

Will this be fixed in version 4.60?

• Unfortunately me too. 

10% brightness is way too bright for AMOLED manual 10 steps lowest brightness setting. Way too bright. Maybe a bug within this new feature/setting?

Should be way less bright to save battery. 

• I have reported it to support.

They said to report it in this forum....but I had already done that....so support hadn't looked at the forum.

So can Garmin please confirm this is a bug and will be resolved for the next release.

• please approximately ETA of release stable firmware for Venu 2.

Thank you.

• in the event you do the above and nothing appears to have happened, software version remains the same and no brightness adjustments apart from the older 3 selections.. check to make sure you downloaded the correct software version for your device, in other words the Venu 2, if you have the 2 and the Venu 2s if you have the 2s version.  Don't ask me how I know that if you install the wrong one bugger all happens.. just...don't ask /sigh  Slight smile

• Are you suggesting manual brightness not working properly on my Venu 2 is because I installed 4.6 beta for Venu 2S?

I can confirm I installed the correct version 

My Venu 2 is showing installed software is 4.6.

Manual brightness is not working properly in 4.6 beta.

It's a bug that needs fixing.

Some response here from Garmin would be most welcome.