This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Font Size Feature Request

Hi

I came to Venu 2 from Vivoactive 3. I thought that with brighter screen I will have a nicer read on screen.Reality is interface was designed to be "more beautiful" and not "more readable".

I understand that not everyone would prefer to read less text on notifications at the cost of bigger fonts, but I'd like to have two size fonts to choose.

Thanks

• For people with good eyesight and who wear corrective lenses all the time, these fonts are OK. For those of us who only need reading glasses it's a problem. I have trouble reading notifications when walking, hiking, or practicing yoga.

On the glances, for example, I can read most of the stuff in a glance, but can't see the battery percentage without glasses. 

I'm 60 and can't stretch my arm out far enough to read a text message. Smirk An option to magnify the screen would be helpful, similar to the temporary magnification features on a smartphone.

• An option to magnify the screen would be helpful, similar to the temporary magnification features on a smartphone.

Yes! I am also 60 and have the exact same conditions. you had commented on why a bigger font is not likely. What are your thoughts on a tap-3-times to make the whole screen larger with the option to scroll around. is there already a user request for something like this?

• I'd say that's less likely than configurable font sizes. 

fonts are different based on the specific device, and you may want to consider moving to a forerunner for example.  The 245.745 or 945 for instance.

• I hear you. 

Though I imagine Garmin has an expanded customer base with the Venu series. I wouldn't have purchased a Garmin watch had it not been for the Venu. I wear it all the time because of the OLED screen, the features, and that it resembles a watch. The Forerunner looks like, well, a Forerunner. It's a sport tracker with a dim screen (unless you're in direct sunlight). 

I don't think Garmin wants to tell me to go buy another watch. I think they'd lose a segment they just started acquiring by not at least trying something.

• Understand with the thousands for Venu2's sold, there are only a very small number of people complaining about the font sizes.

• I agree that we in this forum are the minority for sure. And I agree many things won't bother others at all, like training effect etc. 

But we are talking about several data in tiny font size on a small watch. With high resolution. I think THIS is one of the things many people would actually care about. For sure not so much about "resume later" and sporty stuff but this is obvious to everyone. But it is nice to actually have the possibility to read text on the watch itself. They just don't know or take the time to give Garmin a feedback. 

• I would like to be added for larger notifications font please it is tiny

• I just got the venu 2s. I was so excited to get it and now I may have to return it since it is so hard to read the font on the watch. Is there a better garmin watch for font size

• Hi,

yes! Please develop an option for font size adjustment! I really love the features of the venu but I cant read a thing on the watch, I have to use the app to see the stats and have big problem reading anything on the watch. I am 40. I dont want to change the watch because I think venu is the best. But i will have to change to fitbit or samsung galaxy watch or apple. They all provide changing font size.

please add me to the feature request for this issue

• please add me to this list as well. I would love to be able to read my screen without glasses. 

Thank you!