This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Font Size Feature Request

Hi

I came to Venu 2 from Vivoactive 3. I thought that with brighter screen I will have a nicer read on screen.Reality is interface was designed to be "more beautiful" and not "more readable".

I understand that not everyone would prefer to read less text on notifications at the cost of bigger fonts, but I'd like to have two size fonts to choose.

Thanks

• Been asking for it for a while as I own the even smaller V2s but no real response from Garmin. Sometimes it is almost unreadable, like sleep score. 

I think they have, but not sure if it placebo, increased the size of the widget glances a bit after an update. But overall font is way too small. 

• I thought on buying V2S, but feared exactly that: smaller screen->less readability

Please, I'm liking this expensive piece of technology, except that

• Completely agree. Some items are unreadable. Font size should be an option

• I agree this should be an option, especially for the stock faces. I have found CIQ faces that help but that of course does not fix the glance fonts. I will say though that my Samsung Active2 had this option but the larger fonts were comparable in size to the fonts on my (larger size) Venu 2.

• Because of screen size, I understand some of the fonts must be small by necessity -- such as the hours under the stress graph.  However; it's not just the font size that is small, but some of the font colors (i.e. the hours under the stress graph) seem to be a shade of grey which does not have enough contrast against the black background.  Between the small size and the lack of contrast, some things are hard to read even with reading glasses.  The same issue with contrast (grey fonts) exists in the Garmin Connect Android app as well. Making the fonts "whiter" and more bold would help with readability.

• Yeah, I have had several different brands of smartwatch and I generally find that even with reading glasses any data beyond the main info is really only readable on a phone or PC. Samsung has no web interface for their data so the only place you can see it is on your phone so at least Garmin is better than that.

• Another vote for a larger font size option. Also good would be a gesture to temporarily zoom. Wear OS and Apple watches have this (e.g. double tap).

•   Another thread requesting larger font size, please include me on this one

• If you would like to be added to the feature request for this issue, please tag me and I will email you for more information.

This is no guarantee of implementation, but, after being added, we will notify you via email if this feature is eventually released.

• I'd like to be added to the feature request. Thank you.