This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Font Size Feature Request

Hi

I came to Venu 2 from Vivoactive 3. I thought that with brighter screen I will have a nicer read on screen.Reality is interface was designed to be "more beautiful" and not "more readable".

I understand that not everyone would prefer to read less text on notifications at the cost of bigger fonts, but I'd like to have two size fonts to choose.

Thanks

• Font size should be "must have" option, I could not agree more. Please Garmin-Kevin, do inform that becomes available. Thanks.

• None of the garmin watches allow changing the font sizes.  When it comes to CIQ watchfaces, many use custom fonts so you might find a watch face that's easier to read.

• As originator of this threat, that's what I have to say:

I came from vivoactive 3. A really well designed interface, everything big and very legible. Maybe some texts could have been bigger, but most thing was with a decent size.

I understand that interfaces should evolve. But with Venu watches appearance is that designers thought: We have a better screen, more pixels, we are 25, why not try to made screen to show everything at once? I'm 50, decent sight, and can't read my step counter nor my step objective for the day. At none of the screens provided. To show an example. I could have talked about reading messages text...

None other Garmin watch have this option? Well, none other Garmin watch have this kind of interface with so many small details

• Thank you. If they don't give us a settings, make it bigger in general. More will be thankful than annoyed by larger fonts. 

• I bought the larger Venu  and one of the reasons was that I figured the font would be bigger. I feel like it is comparable to my active 4 - which is also a bit too small.

• I like the font size, so I don't want a global change.

If anything, a font size option please.

• Won't happen.  This hasn't been an option on any garmin watch in 7 or more years.

If the fonts change, the firmware/name apps will needed to be adjusted, as well and the 100's/1000's of CIQ apps that use native fonts.

• Do you have a V2 or V2S?

I guess on the normal V2 it will be better to read but on the small V2S many things are really tiny like sleep details etc. 

I find the normal widget glances ok but most other stuff to be too tiny and it seems many here do. But I own on the V2s. 

• I have a Venu2.  I'm also in my mid 60's and have had bifocals for about 20 years,  I have no problem with the fonts on the venu2.

When I had problems with smaller fonts (on a kindle or laptop for example), that was when my eye doc said it was time for the bifocals.  I've been wearing non-bifocals since I was in grade school.