How to fast forward through songs or podcasts

I like to listen to podcasts and audiobooks while running. I bought a Venu 2 largely so I could leave my phone at home and still do that. I have found several solutions to getting the podcasts/audio files onto the device, but unfortunately none of them provides a way to fast forward while listening. Particularly with these longer-form sound files (rather than 3-minute music tracks), this is a huge problem. I often want to pick up where I left off on another device, and trying to skip ahead 45 minutes in 30-second increments just isn't sufficient.

I have tried:

• Amazon music (just to see if I could do it with a music track, which I couldn't)
  • Runcasts
  • Podcasts
  • SubMusic

They all seem to use the same built-in audio player interface, although some have more buttons than others. This page suggests that I should be able to hold the skip buttons to fast forward or rewind, but when I do this nothing happens.

I don't have a Spotify Premium account to try that. I also haven't tried transferring transferring apps from Garmin Express, which wouldn't be a good solution either.

I read this issue, but it didn't have any useful information. It doesn't appear to be an app-related issue, but rather an issue with the built-in audio control interface.

This is a deal-breaker for me and I will have to return the watch if I can't get this feature.