This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bought a Venu 2 and Venu 2S, but both take a long time finding GPS.

Hi, 

Title says it all. Really happy with the watch, and app, but the GPS signal is slow. 
The weird thing is, I thought it would be an extreme upgrade from my 3 year old Huawei Watch GT only costing 159,. However, that one still gets a GPS lock in 2 seconds. Where as my GF and I both are waiting for the Venu's to find GPS before we can start cycling. 

Inside it can't find GPS at all, and outside it still takes up to a minute or even two, where as I was used to a few seconds. 

Is this a common issue, or? 

Cheers! 
Robin

• Aye definitely something not right there. I did my 45 min run tonight and my Venu 2s went from 21% to 17%. It’ll probably last till Sunday now and that will be 8 days. Your watch will have registered with Garmin when you first connected it to your phone on the Connect App. That may be as good as proof of purchase. Garmin are pretty good with exchanges from my experience, even out of Warranty if it’s justified. 

• I´ve got also the same problem - what´s the solution to this problem?

• Bizarrely, I had exactly the same slow GPS fix issue (up to a minute) with the original Venu last year. Coming from an old Vivoactive 3 Music that still gets a fix within a couple of seconds under the same conditions, this was unacceptable to me. Despite changing the watch twice and following all manner of suggestions on these forums the problem was never fixed and eventually I obtained a refund. I'm here today as I was (until now) perhaps looking at purchasing the Venu 2. It would appear some things never change! P.S. For what it's worth, I believe this is a software issue too as the original Venus I had would get a GPS-lock within a few seconds out of the box. As soon as the automated software updates kicked-in it that's when the issues started.

• It's an odd problem because many of us have no issue whatsoever. My Venu 2 (and Vivo4) find GPS in seconds. 

• My venu sq start getting real slow last week taking as long as 20 minutes for gps lock, i tried all kinds of resets, deleting old work out files, trying different GPS settings.  I noticed i was running OS 2.50 two versions behind the current 2.90. The only way i could update the OS was to use the usb cable and Garmin Express. After updating gps was still very slow at least 20 minutes, however the next morning it locked in seconds and has been back to normal for last last few days. The gps version never changed its version 4.15.   Hope this helps someone, it kept my venu from going to the trash can.

• Another thing to add here that might help some.

My Venu 2 generally connects pretty quickly (within 30 seconds) but occasionally takes longer. I found if the pink progress bar is full - not green yet - and I start my walk, I still seem to have GPS the entire time. Maybe it's a bug, maybe it's a feature - Garmin will have to respond to that.

However, it seems it's actually connected to GPS even when it doesn't appear to be. 

• Scott, i agree it appears to still work, but if auto pause is enabled it will keep pausing until gps is acquired.  I have had the Venu for six months and it never took more than 20 seconds until last week, and each day it took longer to acquire gps.

• seems also the gps some times are nor accurate this need to be fixed

• 14 Dec 2021.

Bought Venu 2s 3 weeks back. Having same issues with the GPS connection. Did everything, reset, restart etc. No change. There was a software update a week back. Still no difference. Pls advise, Garmin. Tq.