This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bought a Venu 2 and Venu 2S, but both take a long time finding GPS.

Hi, 

Title says it all. Really happy with the watch, and app, but the GPS signal is slow. 
The weird thing is, I thought it would be an extreme upgrade from my 3 year old Huawei Watch GT only costing 159,. However, that one still gets a GPS lock in 2 seconds. Where as my GF and I both are waiting for the Venu's to find GPS before we can start cycling. 

Inside it can't find GPS at all, and outside it still takes up to a minute or even two, where as I was used to a few seconds. 

Is this a common issue, or? 

Cheers! 
Robin

• Hey there! Can you plug the device into the computer and sync the device with Garmin Express to be sure all updates have been pushed through. Once that has been done, can you unplug wait for the update to go through if it shows an update. Then hold the top right button for 45 seconds ignoring power off. Power it back on and step outside to connect to GPS.

• The same here. Weird enough, in the beginning it was the best Garmin GPS fix I ever had with around 2-10 seconds, depending on weather. It got slower and slower. Today, clear blue sky, I had to wait 5 minutes while walking and even then not 100% ready. I started without it being ready after I already walked around 5 minutes. SO ANNOYING!

It got way worth over the weeks I own it. Everything got way worth in the last weeks. Touchscreen doesn't respond a lot of time, mostly have to touch or swipe around 5 times to get a reaction, very slow scrolling, mosty stuttering. But esp GPS is disappointing as it was perfect when I first bought the watch around 2 months ago. 

All updates installed. Everything latest version. Current CPE. 

Did a hardreset aka full wipe today and will look further into it. I was so happy with the watch and am now regretting upgrading from my VA4s. 

• I did this, but there wasn't an improvement to be honest. Still took more than 2 minutes to get a GPS signal. Is there an update planned for this problem? Cause it's pretty weird I have the same problem on both watches. While on a cheaper one I do not have the problem.

• Are you sure your Huawei was using its built-in GPS and not your phone? Have you tried changing the Venu 2's GPS setting in your cycling activity to use different satellites? Mine usually connects pretty quickly, within 30 seconds, on GPS Only. However, other settings might be better for where you are.

• Weirdly the problem was away the last few days. It still took longer than my Huawei watch, but I don't mind waiting 30 seconds. (The Watch GT however isnt used with a phone).

I honestly do not know why it took very long a few times, but for now, it works fine. Love the watch. 

• Have the same issue.

I did all the steps reset, soft restart, wi-fi, garmin express, garmin connect no fix...change gps glonass to Galileo no fix

Today when browsing trough got on automated restart of the watch.

I think the watch has some serious software bugs and needs fix Asap.

• GPS wihout Glonass or Galileo will have problems coming from samsung watch that detect the gps in 10 sec or less

• did this without success

• I think it's software issues from the GPS of the watch...

• Adding back in for feedback. I feel like if this was a software issue most of us would be having it?