This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bought a Venu 2 and Venu 2S, but both take a long time finding GPS.

Hi, 

Title says it all. Really happy with the watch, and app, but the GPS signal is slow. 
The weird thing is, I thought it would be an extreme upgrade from my 3 year old Huawei Watch GT only costing 159,. However, that one still gets a GPS lock in 2 seconds. Where as my GF and I both are waiting for the Venu's to find GPS before we can start cycling. 

Inside it can't find GPS at all, and outside it still takes up to a minute or even two, where as I was used to a few seconds. 

Is this a common issue, or? 

Cheers! 
Robin

•  

as you can see more having this issues

waiting for info when fix will be released 

• Update from my side:

While I had the same issues whenever and whereever I tried t start an activity, the problems have been gone for a while now. I tested it in some outdoor locations where I inititally had problems, but get a GPS link in less than 30 seconds (usually around 10-15 secs).
    The only "different thing" I tired in between was syncing the watch with a Windows PC & Garmin Express instead of "only" Android Smartphone & GarminConnect app. Probably just a coincidence, but worth mentioning.... 

Will keep on testing and observing and report back if GPS behaviour changes again...

• Hi Scott. I don't generally use the always-on display function. I have tried it but don't need/want it. 
    To be honest, it didn't seem to make a great deal of difference. I'm seriously under the impression that my watch is defective in many ways. I'm so close to asking Garmin if they will take this watch off my hands (no pun intended) and choose a different one.

• It is a bit of a mystery this GPS accessing. Just to complicate things, both myself and my wife have a Venu 2S. I sync mine to an IPhone and she syncs hers to an Android (Samsung) phone. We select run as we go out through the front door and by the time we reach the end of the drive they are both ready to go - 10/15 seconds max. After the run they are both within 10 mtrs of each other. 

• @Chiefyspanner: I guess you're a couple of lucky ones. I have seriously had nothing but trouble with my Venu 2S since I got it. I desperately now wish I'd got a Venu 2 instead. It was a birthday gift which I was very grateful to receive but had I been able to choose, I'd have opted for the Venu 2 not the Venu 2S, given all the issues I've had with it and read about from others.

• I’m inclined to think there must be an issue with your watch - just read your comment about battery life. We charge ours every Saturday or Sunday so at least a week of battery charge and that includes several GPS activities. I’m currently on 22% after 6 days since the last charge. I’ll do another run tonight, probably 45 mins and then charge my watch tomorrow sometime. Makes me wonder whether your battery drain problem is connected with the GPS issue. 

• I do wonder too. I can do a steady hike for about 3 to 5 miles on a 100% fully charged watch (using GPS without music playing etc), and when I get home, the watch will often only have about 40-48% battery life left on it. Surely that's not right.

•  You should definitely call support to see if they can get you a replacement. A three-mile hike with GPS and always-on display uses about 4% of battery on my watch. This is on a Venu 2, not S.

• Hi Scott. I believe you're right. I will call support and ask them politely if they could replace my troublesome Vunu 2S with a Venu 2. I'm not sure they would, considering I don't have a receipt for it (or even the box now), being a birthday gift, but I may contact them anyway.

• Oops, I meant to type *Venu 2S