This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Plus Software Update - 13.14

My watch battery has been draining since this update, lucky to get three days. Is there a fix or has anyone experienced this problem?

• I found these forums specifically because of this battery drain issue. My battery is draining at an accelerated rate after this software update. Perhaps twice as fast as before.

Last night my battery drained 18% (39%->21%) while in DND mode with the display off while I slept for 8 hours (no HR tracking). That's ridiculous.

Perhaps something with bluetooth changed? I ask that because my phone seems to be draining its battery faster as well, and the two devices are almost always bluetooth connected.

• Same to me, battery getting drained 3 times faster. Does anyone know a way to rollback to the previous software version?

• Hi. I am having the same problem, since lasting for about 6 days, now, with luck, it lasts for 1 and half day. I bought it new about 6 months ago, and I was afraid that the battery was damaged.

Another problem I have, probably after the same update, is that the watch is not getting connected to wifi with error 0300, so I will have to make an update connected to the laptop.

• Looks like I resolved battery drain issue. I uninstalled not-needed apps (like water tracker etc), the reboot watches, then sync in Garmin Express.

After this battery consumption returned to normal, and update option on watches started working (no more wifi connection errors)

• I found much improvement when not connected to phone (3% battery drain overnight, vs maybe 40/50% the night before when connected to phone) so maybe the theory of it being bluetooth related is on the right track.

• Do we have permission to email you? Yes
    • How long is the battery lasting you? 3-4 days
    • What country do you live in? USA
    • Do we have permission to look into your connect account? Yes
    • Do you have any Connect IQ apps installed? Yes - 5 watch faces, Garmin Connect Challenges, Hydration Trackinng
    • Is Pulse Ox enabled? No
    • Does this Occur with or without GPS activities? Without. Even sleeping in DND mode has significantly increased battery train.
  • So after multiple full charges and restarts including cell phone, watch seems to be back 5+ days between charges. I  also deleted the body  temp app.

• I have a Venu 2 and I also noticed a faster battery drain after the update 13.14. Before I had easily a week of battery, now I need to charge 2 or 3 times a week.

• is there a way to restore previous software versions? my GPS does not work at all

• Unfortunately, there is not. Please reach out to your local Product Support team to further assist with the GPS functionality of your watch.