This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Plus Software Update - 13.14

My watch battery has been draining since this update, lucky to get three days. Is there a fix or has anyone experienced this problem?

• , as the "high battery drain after an update" phenomenon is so common in all the garmin line-up, maybe you should just switch off the "high battery drain" check-box in your application build tool (and make sure that it won't be set automatically).

what do you think, could that work?

• That is a great suggestion! be sure to submit it using our Ideas Portal.

• Exactly the same for me. Very frustrating.

• Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. Watch went from 45% to dead within less than 1 day, lots of walking but no actual activity tracking.

• I am getting this problem as well just before and right after the latest update. The battery is barely lasting two days. It drains extremely fast. The pulse ox is usually off and it's in DND mode. This is a highly frustrating issue and makes me want to get an Amazfit or other brand because one of the primary reasons I got this watch was the battery life.

• I don't understand why Garmin keeps ignoring all these reports and doesn't produce a fix for this problem. I'm very disappointed by this behavior and I don't think I will recommend Garmin to Friends anymore 
  • Similar battery drainage issues. Most significant drain is at night, when it can drop by circa 20% each night. GPS, by contrast, tracking a 6-hr hike last week used only 7%...

@Garmin:

Yes, you can email me

Battery lasts approx 3 days max

UK

Yes, you can look at my connect account

No IQ apps enabled beyond a single watch face (the use of which pre-dates battery issues experienced)

No, Pulse ox not enabled

• With what software version? This was about 13.14 which came out months ago.   15.20 is out now. This is probably not the right thread to update.

• Battery issues remain, regardless of update, so software version is, at this time, totally irrelevant.

• My point is: if the software version is "totally irrelevant" then continuing to update a post dedicated to a specific, old firmware version is probably not going to get the attention you're looking for. 

Further, the battery issues that coincided with 13.14 have gone away for many/most people since they updated their firmware, myself included.

When 13.14 was pushed to my device, I was regularly losing 20% charge in a single night's sleep.

I tracked battery usage the last few days with 15.20. I'm at 68% after a full charge 42 hours ago (charged just before sleeping two nights ago).  No pulse ox tracking, display activating when I look at the watch, a couple actively-tracked hours of exercise, automatic run/walk detection, and setting DND mode when I sleep. The battery only goes down about 7% in 8+ hours of sleep.