This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HRV status to Venu 2 Plus

Will the newly introduced metric HRV status make it to the Venu 2 Plus in the next update?

• No Training Status, Load etc. means no HRV Status. It sucks, but that's it. It's a Performance Stat (not found under Health Stats) and the Venu 2 doesn't offer much in that regard. 

• you're really right!

• The new ECG function is good to have, but HRV is far more important for most of us who buy Garmin products like the Venu for a blend of exercise and lifestyle. I am giving up hope that Garmin pays any attention to these forums or to its customers. Garmin watches have always been close, but always lacking little things that at the end spoil the experience.

While Garmin watches were more accurate and worth the premium in the past, recently Apple has surpassed Garmin in terms of accuracy and now that its top offering is able to last for three days, I will likely just move to Apple and be done with Garmin. With some of the Chinese brands showing equal and even better accuracy than Garmin at competitive price points, you would think Garmin would try harder to listen to its current customers.

• I am also curious why venu2 plus does not support hrv status, the raw data of the sensor should be all there, this data is very important for health monitoring, I hope it can be supported

• There's an easy (albeit unsatisfying answer): Because it's not a health stat. It'll never come to the Venu 2, because they'd have to port all the other performance stats related to HRV Status. It doesn't work without Training Status and Training Load. 

• except you overlook that the watch already tracks HRV. it tracks it in the background for a bunch of stats and on demand via snapshot. it  will never come to the venu 2 plus, but it certainly works and is available without the other things you mentioned (training status and load). those simply use HRV data as well

• Yes, I know that, but I'm not talking about HRV tracking in general but HRV Status. And that is still a performance stat (not a health stat) and related to a bunch of other performance stats. The health related HRV metric is Stress. 

• If you need good sleep and nightly HRV tracking without a subscription model, you could look into Polar's new Ignite 3.

Nightly Recharge is still among the best recovery features out there: support.polar.com/.../nightly-recharge.htm

• I certainly hope they add some features to venu 2 / venu 2 plus those are top of the line watches