This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Plus : Battery Drain Issue!

SW version: 6.11
(It's an up-to-date version in Thailand)
27 Jan 2022
[Sleep =7 hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11pm: 100%
6am: 87%
DND:On (10pm-6am)
Always on:Off
Gesture:Off
SpO2:off
Move IQ:off
Display brightness: low
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone
Notification: 10
Watch Face: Stock / no motion
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[Run/Walk Outdoor with GPS = 36min (Battery Drain: 13% per hour)]
6.00am: 87%
6.36am: 79%
Bluetooth: on (headphone only/Spotify Music)
GPS: On
Data Recording: Smart
Gesture: On
Display brightness: low/auto
Heart Rate: On
[Sit indoor / No activity = 2hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11.45am: 73%
01.45pm: 69%
Always on:Off
Gesture:On (Short Timeout)
SpO2:off
Move IQ / Move Alert:On
Display brightness: low / auto
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone (no music)
Notification: 20
Phone Call: 1 Call (10sec.)
Watch Face: Stock / no motion (show: Battery%, Time(HH:MM), Day/Date and Black background)
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[At this rate, I could expect only 43 hours from my normal usage.]
Refer to Venu 2 Plus Battery Life Expectation, my watch is 5 times lag behind Garmin's estimates.
[Note: I did "Reset: Delete Data and Reset Settings" before repoarting this issue; but the reult is still the same.]

Top Replies

All Replies

• I did all of that and it did not fix the issue. Battery has dropped 1% in 12 hrs since I disabled Bluetooth.

• I got my Venu 2 Plus about 1.5 weeks ago after I had to replace the first unit due to a misaligned screen. I also see some heavy battery drain: It uses approx. 30% in 18 hours.

During this time I haven't recorded an activity, no SpO2, no Always on, nothing additional installed. Bluetooth is always connected to my phone and I have the latest firmware installed.

16 March at 22:19: 95%
    17 March at 16:50: 63%

• I am also experiencing the massive battery drain when bluetooth is enabled. Nothing has changed it just started doing this recently again. 

• And after not even 48 hours the watch just turned off. I will charge it now completely and try to turn off bluetooth, but that's really the sense of this watch.

• I have this problem for a month now. Believe that Garmin knows about this problem but they don't care

• It's very odd and happens randomly...what I have done lately after charging is power off and then power on and it helps, though all of a sudden, yesterday, after touching nothing in the watch, the battery started dropping...power off, power on, and it's better...I think that it's a software issue...

• Hi this is not related to Venu but a lot of settings might also be available for you 

https://youtu.be/zLUb9Q2TyhU

• So pretty much the solution is to disable the connection to the phone, so the watch no-longer is a smartwatch. Thanks for checking, but this is not a solution. Here: https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=L2IPnlju1m2HCnkICqUXX7&productID=730659&searchQuery=battery&tab=topics GARMIN clearly states that the watch has "Up to 10 days" Battery Life in Smartwatch mode.

• Hey Kevin.

After doing all the recommended steps nothing has worked.

Funnily now, the only thing that has shown any sign of improvements was to Uninstall GARMIN own water tracker app and connected challenges app, which come pre-installed with the watch.

Maybe this  information can help to further shed some light  on what is causing the battery drain.

Regards,

• I had uninstalled all of the Connect IQ apps including the ones, pre-installed on the watch. during the day the battery consumption is quite OK but at night it shoots up. SpO2 is turned off.

Here are the answers to your questions:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?: YES
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?: YES (prior notification)
    3. In what country do you live? (P. R. China)

Update: I had gone as far as un installing all of Garmin's apps. Also deleted all of my devices, clear cache and data from the phone and Bluetooth paired devices. Upon reinstall and factory resetting the watch, now it fails to pair to the phone and cannot complete the binding-sync process.