This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Venu 2 Plus : Battery Drain Issue!

SW version: 6.11
(It's an up-to-date version in Thailand)
27 Jan 2022
[Sleep =7 hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11pm: 100%
6am: 87%
DND:On (10pm-6am)
Always on:Off
Gesture:Off
SpO2:off
Move IQ:off
Display brightness: low
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone
Notification: 10
Watch Face: Stock / no motion
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[Run/Walk Outdoor with GPS = 36min (Battery Drain: 13% per hour)]
6.00am: 87%
6.36am: 79%
Bluetooth: on (headphone only/Spotify Music)
GPS: On
Data Recording: Smart
Gesture: On
Display brightness: low/auto
Heart Rate: On
[Sit indoor / No activity = 2hr (Battery Drain: 2% per hour)]
11.45am: 73%
01.45pm: 69%
Always on:Off
Gesture:On (Short Timeout)
SpO2:off
Move IQ / Move Alert:On
Display brightness: low / auto
Bluetooth: always connect to my phone (no music)
Notification: 20
Phone Call: 1 Call (10sec.)
Watch Face: Stock / no motion (show: Battery%, Time(HH:MM), Day/Date and Black background)
Heart rate: on(auto)
Physio TrueUp:on
[At this rate, I could expect only 43 hours from my normal usage.]
Refer to Venu 2 Plus Battery Life Expectation, my watch is 5 times lag behind Garmin's estimates.
[Note: I did "Reset: Delete Data and Reset Settings" before repoarting this issue; but the reult is still the same.]

Top Replies

All Replies

• Only do that what Garmin tells you and it works. This is a software bug.
    Delete all Apps and Watchfaces, reset your watch by a master reset (google is your friend), removing it from smartphone in app and in settings.

After that be happy witch a working watch.

• For example, I had done exactly as Garmin says and is not working. As you can see more people in this thread had done the same but not getting the expected results.

This is an issue known for more than 2 months and Garmin hasn't released an official fix. And by official I mean a firmware update or software update.

Glad to know it worked for you! 

• No, it doesn't. Happy that it worked out for you, but for others it doesn't work. Google is you friend for people that have/had issues, just like me. So please have a bit of respect for those that are trying to fix major issues with an otherwise really nice watch. 

• All-

If you have followed steps to remove the Connect IQ content from your watch and are still experiencing a battery drain, please see part of my post below:

If you have not already reached out to your local Garmin support team, we highly recommend doing that as well:

Support.garmin.com

• That's what Garmin support unswered Rofl

Russell: we may need to exchange the device, you will want to contact Garmin UK

Very helpful (not really)

• Hello all. I purchased and unboxed my Venu 2 Plus on 16.03.2022. It came with %91 battery out of the box. Except pulse ox all the sensors are active and wearing the device 7/24; 1 sec HR on, sleep on, gesture on, bluetooth is mostly off (only using outside).

Today is 24.03.2022 (day 8) and the watch has still %16 battery left. I use auto brightness and brightness settings is on minimum. I'm using the latest software 8.12. In the past 8 days i've made 3 indoor (3x45 min (gps off) and 2 outdoor (2x30 min (gps on) activites. I perform approx. 10 pulse ox readings on demand during the day. So far my battery experience is great. 

• Your setup sounds good except for the part that your bluetooth is mostly off. I need mine on in order to get notifications. But still having issues with my battery. 

I end up resetting my watch every few days but nothing helps and it all started after a recent software update.

• According to my observation, bluetooth doesn't have a significant impact on battery life. Actually it drains my phone battery much more, i'm using Iphone SE 2020.

I know how you feel because i used to experince the same situation with my previous watches FR 245, Vivoactive 3 and some times Vivoactive 4. I hope your problem is solved soon.

I have only a few 3rd party watch faces installed; Crystal, ActiFace and Lachesis. I'm sharing these just because the problem may be resulted from 3rd party watch faces or applications. They may keep the gps on or cause the processor overwork or sth like that.

• By the way, i don't have any battery drain problem but with the latest software, the accuracy of the SPO2 measurement has become a disaster, it's now giving me erratic results. Before the update, oxygen saturation accuracy was so good.

• I think you should write with this issue to some other branch of Garmin forum.

All I can say is that Garmin sucks. If I had known about the upcoming problems with this watch and the complete disregard from support - I would never have wasted $500 on it.