This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily screen issue during activity tracking.

Former Member
Former Member

When activity tracking my Lily screen switches off- raising arm/tapping screen doesn’t help. 

For example, today I went for a bike ride and turned on activity tracking on the watch. After less than 10 minutes my screen switched off. I thought it must be a battery issue (even though watch was fully charged) . However 5 minutes after returning home a notification of my activity summary displayed on the watch - so it had been tracking all along but I was unable to activate the screen until this point.

ideally I want to be able to view my watch face even during activities. Is there a reason why I couldn’t do this? 

Many thanks

• Hello, were you able to find a solution to the problem? Slight smile

• I have the same problem. Bought the Lily and in 5 days it happened almost 10 times. Now the screen doesnt want to go on except when i put it on charge or go into the garmin app and says find my device. but after the screen goes off, it doesnt come on again. What is the next step please.

• Hi, I am having the same issue in that once activity tracker is activated it freezes the screen door stops recording everything, will only re-activate once plugged into the charger for a couple of seconds (even though charged). It seems to occur more often after a full charge but is very hit and miss. Has a solution been found for this yet? I've only had the watch 2 weeks and it has happened about 6 times. Please help! 

• No one has gotten in touch with me from Garmin yet!

I'm cautiously optimistic because it hasn't happened again in the last few days, so I'm hoping a recent update has cleared it up. Either that or disabling auto activity tracker for walking is what helped. 

Having said that, I'll post again if it freezes. As you say, very hit and miss...

• I too have not had any issues since the recent software update. Fingers crossed that the update has solved the problem, otherwise I'll post again as well.

• Hi has anyone had any solutions to this???I’m on my second garmin lily and still having the same problem. What I noticed as well is at the same time the screen becomes unresponsive, data gets lost to. I wore my old garmin on the same walk and compared the 2 devices. The lily did not correctly record steps or calories. There was quite a discrepancy. I’m tempted to contact garmin for a refund as I’m quite disappointed in the device.

• Im also negative, had the watch for 2 weeks and now going to courier it on my own cost to garmin repairs centre. I dont even want the thing anymore. And paid a pretty penny for it!

• Since posting to say it hadn't frozen, my Lily froze once again after about two hours of walking three days ago (at 95% charge).

Since then I haven't had any problems, but I never know when it's going to act up. Especially frustrating because the minute it freezes it just becomes a glorified bracelet until I can get home and put it to charge!

• Does Garmin have any updates on the case mentioned here? Can we expect software updates to resolve this?

• Hi all! I just want to be sure, have you guys plugged the device into Garmin Express and synced it to update to the latest software?