This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily guesture sensitivity

Has anyone had issues with the sensitivity of guesture mode? My wife basically has to wave and shake her arm around to get the screen to show up. Did we get a dud? Or are others experiencing the same issues.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Hi, I'm located in Finland. Would be great if this could be solved!

• Hi, I'm located in Finland. Would be great if this could be solved!

If you click on this link, at the bottom there are options for Chat, Call, and Email with our Garmin Finland team. Please reach out to them to help get this resolved!

https://support.garmin.com/fi-FI/?productID=698519&tab=topics&topicTag=region_activitytracking

• Hi from Croatia,

same problems in my Lily, can you help me? 

• Just put my sensitivity to high and still not turning on with gesture!

• Same issue here in France. I don’t understand why you ask the country? Do you mean all these watches have to be replaced? If there is another solution could you share it here?

• If the setting is still not correcting the feature, we encourage you to reach out to your local support. You have the option to call or email from this link. Garmin Croatia

Hi from Croatia,

same problems in my Lily, can you help me? 

• Hey there! I am sorry this has happened. Can you tell me where you are located?

• HI there! As a last resort you can reset your device to defaults and set the device back up, if this does not work, I encourage you to reach out to Garmin France. 

• Today I received a brand new Lily Garmin. I  updated the software, charged an setup the phone. I started a walk activity and ten minutes into the walk I had the same issues as described here.  The watch would not respond to the flick gesture or the double tap. The front buttton also did not respond. Every now and then a message would come through and the watch would buzz.  Once I came home I connected the phone to the charger and it started working again.  The activity was even there but no steps were counted. After reading several forums including this one I decided to send the watch back.
    Before this one I had a vivosport HR. Worked very well but after 2 years the wrist band broke.  Garmin told me that for that model there was no spare band available so I though I would upgrade but after tthis dissapointment the upgrade is probably no longer a Gamin.

• I thought I was experiencing a dud too but turns out that for me, it is just a really unexpected behaviour. Just typing this here in case it helps anyone else, I'm assuming the OP has already resolved their issue one way or another. 

After a few days of use I realised that gestures would sometimes work fantastically and other times not at all. During an activity it worked great then would just stop after the activity ended.

What I realised was that it would stop working pretty much at midday for the rest of the afternoon. The reason seems to be that because I have it set to 12 hour time it seems to be unable to comprehend the PM vs AM (don't ask me why that would be a problem for a digital watch *shrugs*) but as my sleep time is set from midnight to 7am and I have set DND for my sleep time, my gestures will stop working at midday. At 12 midday it'll turn DND on and gestures will suddenly stop. So effectively it's turning on DND for every 12-7 period.

I only figured it out today so I've changed it to 24 hour time to see if that stops the problem altogether but in the meantime I just manually turned off the DND.