This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lily guesture sensitivity

Has anyone had issues with the sensitivity of guesture mode? My wife basically has to wave and shake her arm around to get the screen to show up. Did we get a dud? Or are others experiencing the same issues.

Top Replies

All Replies

• I have this same issue. I have the latest firmware installed, have sensitivity on high, and I do not have Do Not Disturb enabled. But like others, getting the Lily to react to raising my wrist is very hit and miss -- it only works about a third of the time.... and the same is true of double tapping the screen. It's really quite frustrating an spoils and otherwise lovely device. What is supposed to be a "quick glance" at my watch to see the time turned into a battle to get the screen to activate! Surely there must be something that can be done -- so many people seem to be having this issue.

• Hello, 

Yes, I have done/checked all of the above. ‘Do not disturb’ is not on, it is set for correct wrist and it is set to a high sensitivity and long time out. 

Okay thank you for letting me know! I would like to get this resolved. Are you in the US or Canada? If so, would it be okay for me to send you an email from Garmin?

• I have this same issue. I have the latest firmware installed, have sensitivity on high, and I do not have Do Not Disturb enabled. But like others, getting the Lily to react to raising my wrist is very hit and miss -- it only works about a third of the time.... and the same is true of double tapping the screen. It's really quite frustrating an spoils and otherwise lovely device. What is supposed to be a "quick glance" at my watch to see the time turned into a battle to get the screen to activate! Surely there must be something that can be done -- so many people seem to be having this issue

Hello! Sorry to hear about this! Are you located in the US or Canada? If not, I am happy to get the local Garmin support information for you.

• I am in Poland and it would be good to have support

• Yes, I had the same issue after one week. Wrist setting is ok, wrist sensitivity is on high and still I notice this delay

• I am in Poland and it would be good to have support

Okay, please reach out to our team in Poland for further help with this. If you click on this link, at the bottom it will have options for Chat, Phone, and Email. 

https://support.garmin.com/pl-PL/?productID=719696&tab=topics&topicTag=region_activitytracking

• Yes, I had the same issue after one week. Wrist setting is ok, wrist sensitivity is on high and still I notice this delay

Hello! Is there any chance you could provide a short video clip of the gesture feature not working how it should? 

• I purchased my Garmin Lily today and after setting it up I have the same issue! It isn’t reacting when moving my arm or when I tap on the screen. 

• Hi, I bought Lily to my mother and she is having this same issue. I put the sensitivity high and timeout long, but still it seems to be rather random when the screen turns on. It's such a pity, since otherwise Lily seems to be very good for her. But the display has already frustrated her so much that I think we're returning the watch if there's no solution to this.

• Hi, I bought Lily to my mother and she is having this same issue. I put the sensitivity high and timeout long, but still it seems to be rather random when the screen turns on. It's such a pity, since otherwise Lily seems to be very good for her. But the display has already frustrated her so much that I think we're returning the watch if there's no solution to this.

Hello! We do have a case on this. If you are located in the US, we can get this resolved for you. If you are outside of the US, I can help with getting you in contact with the right local Garmin Support.