How to Update to 1.07 - Index BPM Software Version 1.07 Now Available

The update of the software for the BPM has been announced but I had to search and thanks to the post that I or anyone could easily miss, I had no idea of how to update the BPM. I would have thought that this needed to be an important part of the post notifying us of the update particularly since the latest manual online says:

Maintenance

• No firmware update is needed during the service life of this product.
  • On very rare occasions, you might need to reinstall the firmware on the device due to hardware malfunction. In this case, the intended use remains unchanged.
  • Any modification or change to the firmware is prohibited.

My thanks to  who posted this link. The answer on how to update can be found here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Hcsz10tt7T0sl21CzyB8u8&productID=716808&searchQuery=software%20update&tab=topics

Use the below instructions to update your device.  

1. Remove the Index BPM from the Garmin Connect app.   
    1. Open the Garmin Connect App.
    2. Access the menu by selecting More (bottom right).
    3. Select Garmin Devices.
    4. Select the device you want to remove.
    5. Select     (top right).
    6. Select Remove Device.
    7. Confirm you want to remove the device.
    8. Remove the device from your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings.  
  2. Reset your Index BPM to default settings.  See Resetting the Device for more information.  
  3. Remove and re-install the battery door.
  4. Add the Index BPM back to your account by pairing the device with the Garmin Connect app.  See Pairing Your Device with the Garmin Connect App for more information.   

Once paired with the Garmin Connect app, your monitor will automatically download any available software updates.  

• I'm still on version 1.06. BPM has made no effort to update. Only the status changed between current and not current on Web Connect during several pairings and resets. I am from Czech Republic.

• same here... I just purchased the unit. I might return it if they do not solve the problem. 

• Today I bough it. Currently on firmware 1.06 (out of the box). I tried this instructions and it does not want to update to 1.07. I am experiencing Sync issues through wifi (wifi wont sync it will always fallback to bluetooth). Secondary users data won't get synced only my data (data of other users seem to get lost). I hope they fix this soon. please help us

• I’ve been trying to get some clarification or a solution for about two weeks. Multiple requests with Garmin. They ask for more information and permission to check your account. Then…..  silence. And then some more silence. Then a survey about your contact with Garmin and then some more silence. 

I’m days away from returning the unit. 

• Same 

I always trusted Garmin for their reliable technology, so I had high expectations for the Index BPM blood pressure monitor. Unfortunately, this device has been a major disappointment. Firstly, it fails to synchronize data for the second user, which is a critical flaw in a multi-user household. Moreover, I've encountered persistent issues trying to install the firmware version 1.07. Despite numerous attempts, the update simply won't apply, rendering the device less functional than promised.

Given Garmin's reputation, I expected a seamless experience akin to what I've enjoyed with my Epix Pro watch and golf sensors. However, this product has not only fallen short but has also shaken my confidence in Garmin's offerings. I regret not opting for a more affordable alternative, as the Index BPM has left a bitter taste with its underperformance and unreliability. Garmin, this is not the standard we expect from you!

• Same here. According to Connect: 

• Software is up to date — Version 1.06
    • Synced Thursday, 2 May at 1:16 PM
  • Workaround does Not work for me......only one User syncing falls like I habe to return