How to Update to 1.07 - Index BPM Software Version 1.07 Now Available

The update of the software for the BPM has been announced but I had to search and thanks to the post that I or anyone could easily miss, I had no idea of how to update the BPM. I would have thought that this needed to be an important part of the post notifying us of the update particularly since the latest manual online says:

Maintenance

• No firmware update is needed during the service life of this product.
  • On very rare occasions, you might need to reinstall the firmware on the device due to hardware malfunction. In this case, the intended use remains unchanged.
  • Any modification or change to the firmware is prohibited.

My thanks to  who posted this link. The answer on how to update can be found here:

https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=Hcsz10tt7T0sl21CzyB8u8&productID=716808&searchQuery=software%20update&tab=topics

Use the below instructions to update your device.  

1. Remove the Index BPM from the Garmin Connect app.   
    1. Open the Garmin Connect App.
    2. Access the menu by selecting More (bottom right).
    3. Select Garmin Devices.
    4. Select the device you want to remove.
    5. Select     (top right).
    6. Select Remove Device.
    7. Confirm you want to remove the device.
    8. Remove the device from your smartphone’s Bluetooth settings.  
  2. Reset your Index BPM to default settings.  See Resetting the Device for more information.  
  3. Remove and re-install the battery door.
  4. Add the Index BPM back to your account by pairing the device with the Garmin Connect app.  See Pairing Your Device with the Garmin Connect App for more information.   

Once paired with the Garmin Connect app, your monitor will automatically download any available software updates.