Bounce Lte battery drain

My son got the bounce for Xmas however with LTE on the battery only lasts 8-12 hours. That is with minimal use of the actual watch. 

If airplane mode is on then the battery only drains less than 10% in that same 8-12 hour period. But the watch features are useless in airplane mode.

Is the battery drain a known issue and is there any fix? 

Currently have to charge the watch twice a day.

• Software 8.2

Canada No LTE yet just wifi

Battery is less than 8 hours sitting on shelf

Paired to Pixel 8 pro

Please contact me.

• Software 8.2

Canada

Running wifi only

Paired to Pixel 8 Pro

Less than 8 hours life sitting on shelf

Please contact me

• Same problem here! I bought the Garmin Bounce in January 2024 - it presents tons of problems; live tracking is not working at all. Messages are not reliable. The battery drains super quickly. My son cannot use it for an entire day because the battery only lasts from 8 AM to 3 PM - only 7 hours!! I have always been a great Garmin supporter, but I am very disappointed by Garmin since the product is entirely unreliable. Garmin, this way, you destroy your reputation; please contact me by email if you can offer any support. I am located in Italy.

• When we first got my son's Bounce we had WiFi only and were told by support that they couldn't diagnose the battery problems we were having unless we paid for an LTE subscription. They said it wasn't intended to be used without LTE. 

I suggested maybe they could give us a temp LTE trial just to diagnose our problem, and they said no, this couldn't be done. They could send me a replacement watch, but not a temporary LTE connection. So frustrating.

The problem we had was that it was misreporting the remaining battery life, so it said it was at 80% after 24 hours then it would suddenly drop to 0% and power down. This problem was solved when we got an LTE subscription. But the battery life has remained low and highly variable. We're also in Canada. We spent a few days in Toronto and the battery life was great. I suspect that the LTE service is patchy outside big cities and the watch is constantly looking for a network.

We've also noticed that the battery life is worse if my son forgets to wear it (so, it lasts longer when worn). This is despite being connected to WiFi all the time when he's not wearing it, so there's something weird there too (worse battery life with a constant WiFi connection isnt expected). 

All in all, we haven't been at all happy with the Bounce. I'd say return it, particularly if you don't plan to get LTE. Just get your kid a phone with no plan. 

• What model do you have??? I think the same thing happened to me, if so and you solved the problem I would love to hear how!

• By the way, in the end I bought a new one:
    The Fenix ​​6 Pro model is Garmin's best triathlon watch. It comes with several ready-made training programs for running, cycling and swimming. You can switch between one physical activity and another by pressing a button.