Bounce Lte battery drain

My son got the bounce for Xmas however with LTE on the battery only lasts 8-12 hours. That is with minimal use of the actual watch. 

If airplane mode is on then the battery only drains less than 10% in that same 8-12 hour period. But the watch features are useless in airplane mode.

Is the battery drain a known issue and is there any fix? 

Currently have to charge the watch twice a day.

• Interestingly DC rainmaker says 2-3 days battery which I still cannot get anywhere close to that. My son's last 10-12 hours. Battery drain has to be linked to LTE has airplane mode makes the battery last days. 

Going to test again after the latest software update. Surely Garmin could enhance the watch when there is low LTE connection so it's not constantly scanning for LTE connection. I suspect that's what is draining the battery 

• In my son's school, LTE coverage is essentially 0 on every cellular divice I have owned since he started there. Typical battey drain is 60-70% in the 8 hours he is away from home. I would venture to say DC Rainmaker's kiddos daytime location likely has better LTE connectivity or wifi available to them to get 2-3 days, even with not wearing them overnight.

• I just tested my son's the past 2 days. We were at home both days so it was connected to wifi the whole time yet both days it did not last more than 12 hours. I think I'll be contacting Garmin support to return the device as it doesn't even get close to the advertised battery life. A device that lasts 12 hours is useless 

• I didn't understand the watch drains in 10-12 hours?
    If so it's strange I have a similar model and I had other types that lasted me no less than 20 hours.

• Thank you for your reports. If the Bounce is on software 6.10 and you are getting less than 24 hours please answer the questions below:

• Do we have permission to message you privately?
    • What Country are you located in?
    • Is the Bounce paired to an Android or iPhone?
  • My son cannot get 24 hours on school days wher he is in a modern building with no LTE, GPS, or wifi coverage (which also creates some other location monitoring issues with the school geofence if you would like to discuss as well). We have decided to charge his Bounce overnight while he is sleeping to alleviate this issue and ensure he still has charge when leaving school. Battery drain is approximately 70-80% from 7am to 7pm.

SW Version is 6.10

You have permission to message me privately. Located in USA. Bounce is paired with 2 iPhones (12 and 12 mini).

• Yes, please. I have already been in touch with support a number of times. For you, and for any other, while I get just a few hours in Switzerland, where I live, I could easily get more than 2 days recently in the two weeks I spend in Mexico on holiday. I was not even sure whether the watch would work there, given the claims on the Bounce page about "different antenna setups"; but not only did it work much better there, I could easily get more than two days without taking it off at night, without wifi. 

• I purchased a bounce for my son in January. It is on software 6.1 and paired with a Google Pixel 7. He is getting less than 12 hours of battery life, even though we have done everything on the suggestions list with regard to battery life. He doesn't send ANY messages, and still it dies. It is on School mode between 845 AM and 245PM. If the battery lasted two days, that would be something, but lasting less than 12 hours makes it useless to us. We are in Australia. You have permission to contact me directly.

• Hi you have permission to message me privately. I'm in Australia and even got a replacement bounce sent out but still it only last 8-12 hours. I cancelled my LTE subscription to try and it lasts over a week with no LTE. Connected to android. Thanks 

• Hi, you have permission to PM. In Perth, Australia (usual place - within a 10 km radius in the metro area). Bounce paired to an iPhone (2nd iPhone with family member access). as of 11 am - only 40+% charge left since taken off charge overnight at 7 am.